These Banana Bread Blondies are an easy one-bowl recipe that makes chocolatey, melt in your mouth delicious treats!
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted OR browned (see directions below)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mashed banana, about 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or skillet (preferably light colored so you can better see the color changes) over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, stir it nonstop as you cook it at a gentle boil. Continue cooking until the butter begins to brown and light brown specks start forming at the bottom of the pan. This should happen in 5-8 minutes. Remove butter from heat and pour it into a heat safe bowl until it has cooled slightly and you’re ready to use it.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 by 8-inch pan with parchment paper leaving a one inch overhang on two sides.
To the melted butter, stir in the brown sugar with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Stir in the egg and vanilla followed by the mashed banana. Add the flour, salt and stir til just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use a spatula or offset spatula to spread the batter evenly. Bake for 21-22 minutes, til just set in center. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the milk chocolate over the blondies. Return to the oven for 1-3 minutes to melt the chocolate on top.
Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
Keywords: blondies, bars, banana, chocolate, chocolate chips, blondie, brown butter, browned butter