Everyone loves these gooey, chewy banana brownies! This easy, pantry friendly recipe is made with chocolate chips and ripe bananas. They are simply delicious!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 small to medium sized bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 yellow banana, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with enough parchment paper to create an overhang of at least two inches on two sides.
- Combine the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring really well in between intervals. Continue until the butter and chocolate have melted. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Pour the butter-chocolate mixture into a larger bowl. Stir in the sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time followed by the 2 mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour followed by the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Place the banana slices on top of the batter with the sliced sides up.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until a toothpick when inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: chocolate, brownies, banana, bananas, banana brownies, chocolate chips, dessert