Make this easy recipe for Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips for moist, delicious muffins! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Use about 1/2 of a banana to cut 12 thin banana slices to be used for decoration. Mash the remaining 2 1/2 bananas in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and vegetable oil. Whisk in the egg followed by the mashed bananas. Stir in the dry ingredients followed by 2 tablespoons each of the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly in the 12 muffin cups. Place a banana slice in the center of each muffin. Scatter the remaining peanut butter and chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs when inserted into the center of a muffin.
This recipe is also delicious using only chocolate chips! Just omit the peanut butter chips and add an extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.Use semi-sweet or dark chocolate and mini, regular sized and chocolate chunks all work!
Keywords: banana, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, moist, breakfast, dessert