These Birthday Cake Cookies filled with sprinkles and chocolate chips are super fun and easy to make! They are also buttery, chewy and delicious!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles of your choice
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips (or regular sized semi sweet, white, or dark chocolate chips)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt Set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the eggs and blend well then add the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients followed by the sprinkles then the chocolate chips.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 3″ apart. Cover the cookie dough balls with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour
- After chilling the dough for at least an hour, preheat oven to 375 F. Keep remaining balls in fridge while the first batch bakes.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until edges have started to turn light brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Cookies, birthday cake cookies, sprinkles