This easy recipe for white chocolate blackberry coffee cake makes the most delicious dessert! Enjoy them for breakfast, a snack or dessert, everyone loves these treats!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter then line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave on 50% power at 30 second intervals. Stir well in between intervals and heat until chips are melted and smooth. Set aside to let cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium for about 1 minute, until the mixture is creamy. Add the maple syrup followed by the melted chocolate. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, alternatively add the dry ingredients and the milk. Gently stir in the blackberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Bake until a toothpick, when inserted in the center of the bars, comes out dry (a few crumbs are ok). Allow to cool completely in the pan.
Keywords: white chocolate, blackberries, bars, squares, dessert, maple syrup