This Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe flavored with lemon and vanilla makes a moist, delicious loaf featuring an easy, swirled-in blueberry sauce! Perfect for breakfast and dessert!
FOR THE BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
FOR THE POUND CAKE
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
FOR THE BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- Whisk the orange juice, water and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Place the blueberries and the sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and lemon zest and bring to a boil. Stir constantly and cook for about a minute, or until thickened. Set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the cake batter.
FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese together on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes until creamy and light. Add the sugar and beat an additional minute until slightly fluffy.
- Turn the mixer down to low speed, add the eggs one at a time followed by the lemon zest and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients. Beat until dry ingredients are just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon 1/3 batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon and then spread 1/2 of the blueberry sauce evenly over top of the batter. Spoon and evenly spread another 1/3 of the batter on top. Spread the remaining blueberry sauce over the batter and cover that layer with the remaining 1/3 of the batter.
- Stick a knife or skewer in the batter almost to the bottom of the pan. Run the knife or skewer through the batter in a swirling motion going from side to side from the top to the bottom of the pan. Rotate the pan 45 degrees and run the knife through the batter side to side from top to bottom one more time.
- Bake for 55-65. Be careful not to overswirl. Bake 55-65 minutes until the cake is a toothpick comes out mostly clean inserted in the center of the cake. Remove the cake from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out and allow it to cool completely on the rack.
Keywords: blueberry, blueberries, pound cake, cream cheese, cake, quick bread, blueberry sauce