- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 T flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place paper liners in muffin tins.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after the addition of each egg.
- Alternatively add the dry ingredient mixture and milk to the sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition and be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Fill cupcake liners with 3-4 tbsp of the filling (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cupcake. Cool for about ten minutes in the muffin tins and then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Stir together sugar, flour, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, slowly stir in the milk. Cook for about two minutes until mixture comes to a boil, whisking while cooking. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and slowly temper the egg yolks by adding a small amount of the hot mixture into the yolks. Stir well.
- Pour the rest of the egg mixture into the milk mixture. Stir continuously while it cooks on low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan on low heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil then pour over the chocolate chips. Do not stir.
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes then stir till smooth. Allow to cool slightly before using.
ASSEMBLING THE CUPCAKES
- Cut each cupcake in half horizontally and spread 1 tbsp of vanilla cream on the bottom of each cupcake. Place the tops back on the cupcakes.
- Spoon the glaze over the cupcakes and enjoy!
Keywords: Boston Cream Pie, Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes, Cupcakes, Vanilla Cream, Chocolate, Chocolate Ganache