Made with homemade caramel popcorn and both dark and milk chocolate, these Caramel Popcorn Dark and Milk Chocolate Cookies have a soft, chewy texture and are full of flavor!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar (preferably dark), packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups popcorn caramel popcorn (or buttered or plain popcorn, air popped or microwave)
- 1 cup chocolate (dark and/or milk, chopped or chocolate chips)
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat an additional minute. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in the popcorn followed by the chocolate.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out the dough and place balls onto prepared baking sheets. Top with flaky sea salt and bake Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges turn golden brown. Allow to cool for five minutes on baking sheet before eating or transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: popcorn, cookies, caramel popcorn, chocolate, chopped chocolate, dark chocolate, popcorn cookies, chocolate chip cookies