These Chai Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars are packed with oats, plump raisins, and warming spices. They’re thick, chewy and delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking oats)
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper, leaving some excess paper on two sides to make the bars easier to remove from the pan once baked.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, spices, baking soda, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt. Whisk in the butter, egg and vanilla. Gently fold in the raisins and oats.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 23-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
Keywords: bars, cookies, oatmeal, raisins, cookie bars, chewy, dessert