These easy Chocolate Almond Toffee Slice and Bake Cookies are buttery and delicious! Filled and topped with sweet toffee, nutty almonds and lots of chocolate, they make the perfect treat!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1–2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons toffee bits
FOR THE COOKIES
- Sift together the flour and salt and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until fluffy. Add the vanilla and almond extracts, followed by the egg yolk. On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter top and form the dough into a 10 inch log. Roll it in plastic wrap and chill the dough for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, slice the cookie dough into rounds about 1/4″ in size. Place them on the prepared baking sheets about 1 ” apart and bake 12-14 minutes until the edges just begin to turn golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer them to racks to cool completely.
FOR THE TOPPING
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time. Stir well after every 20 seconds. Pour chocolate into a zip lock bag. Snip off a corner and drizzle the cookies with chocolate. Top with chopped almonds and toffee bits.
Keywords: Toffee, toffee bits, chocolate, chocolate chips, shortbread, shortbread cookies, almond, almonds, nuts, cookies