Chocolate Frosted Chocolate Cake Donuts
FOR THE DONUTS
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened natural or Dutch processed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sea salt flakes
FOR THE DONUTS
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease donut molds well with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, yogurt, milk and melted butter.
- Stir the egg-yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a piping bag or zip lock bag or spoon to fill the dough into the donut molds between 3/4 full and full.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan on low heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil then pour over the chocolate chips. Do not stir.
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes then stir till smooth. Allow to cool slightly before using.
TO DECORATE THE DONUTS
- Dip the donuts in the glaze or drizzle the glaze over top. Sprinkle with sprinkles or sea salt. Enjoy!
Keywords: donuts, doughnuts, chocolate, ganache, frosting, glazed, sprinkles, sea salt, icing, baked donuts, cocoa, chocolate chips