This Creamy Zucchini Soup is full of healthy vegetables. It’s savory, tasty, comforting, and easy to make!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 branch of celery, leaves included, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence or dried Italian seasoning
- 1 liter low sodium chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and stir occasionally, for about five minutes or until the onions have softened slightly.
2. Add the zucchini, potatoes, celery, herbs, salt, pepper and broth. Cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
3. Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a blender. Put the soup back in the saucepan over medium heat and add the milk. Once the soup is warmed through, remove it from heat and serve.
Keywords: soup, zucchini, potatoes, celery, vegetarian