This double chocolate zucchini bread is moist, chocolatey and delicious! It’s the perfect brunch treat or afternoon snack!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (1 medium zucchini)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, semi sweet or dark, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter the bottom of an 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the melted butter, oil and sugars. Add the eggs followed by the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until just combined. Stir in the zucchini and finally 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and add the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
Keywords: zucchini, bread, cake, chocolate, double chocolate, chocolate chips, cocoa, fall, summer, vegetables, healthy