- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (1 medium zucchini)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip, semi sweet or dark, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter the bottom of an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs followed by the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until just combined. Stir in the zucchini and finally 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and add the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.