This healthy cranberry quinoa salad recipe makes the best side dish! Full of vegetables, cranberries, seeds and a fresh lemon dressing, it’s easy and tasty. Gluten free and vegan!
FOR THE QUINOA
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE VEGETABLES AND SEEDS
- 1/2 to 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery leaves
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse the quinoa then place it in a saucepan with the water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and cover. After five minutes, fluff the quinoa and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the onion, celery and celery leaves, carrot, red pepper, cranberries, pepitas and sunflower seeds.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together and pour over the vegetables. Stir in the quinoa and mix well until quinoa and vegetables are coated in the dressing. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Keywords: quinoa, salad, side dish, cranberries, healthy, lemon dressing, seeds