This recipe for Healthy Homemade Vegetable Soup is makes the best soup! It’s an easy, versatile recipe and is perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 branches of celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley and cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups of chicken broth (can substitute vegetable or beef broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Wash and chop all the vegetables. Add them to a large pot along with the olive oil, broth, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked through. Adjust the seasoning. Using an immersion blender or a blender, puree the soup then serve!
Keywords: vegetarian, vegetable soup, lunch, dinner, appetizer, homemade, healthy