This fresh, healthy slaw recipe is packed with red and green cabbage, carrots, celery, red onion, green apples, and raisins and has a creamy, tangy mustard-lemon mayonnaise.
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated and shredded
- 2 branches of celery, shredded or finely chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and shredded or finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins (any type)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and sugar (if using) until dissolved. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, celery, red onion, apples and raisins to coat well. Cover and let sit at least 1 hour.
Keywords: slaw, coleslaw, side dish, salad, cabbage, raisins, Granny Smith apples