This easy recipe for hot chocolate cookies makes chewy, chocolatey delicious cookies! Cocoa and chocolate chips add tons of chocolate flavor while marshmallows add gooey sweetness!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 21/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark), divided
- About 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes, until creamy and pale. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula then add the eggs one at a time with the mixer on medium speed. Add the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1-ounce cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 3″ apart. Top each cookie with a 4-5 extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 9 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully stick 2-4 marshmallows on each cookie. Place sheet back in oven and bake another 1-2 minutes or until the center is just set. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool.
Keywords: hot chocolate cookies, hot chocolate, hot cocoa, chocolate, chocolate cookies, chocolate chips, marshmallows