Easy, from scratch lemon crinkle cookies made with lots of lemon zest and plenty of lemon juice! They are tender, melt in your mouth lemon perfection. Lemon lovers, these are your cookies!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
FOR THE COATING
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the egg, egg yolk, lemon zest, lemon juice, food coloring and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 2″ apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: lemon, lemon crinkle, crinkle, cookies, lemon zest, lemon juice, soft, citrus