This easy recipe for Lemon Sour Cream Cookies makes cakey, soft, tender cookies filled with bright lemon flavor! No chill and ready ready in about 30 minutes!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice f 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE LEMON ICING
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt Set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium speed until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the egg, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternatively add the dry ingredients with the sour cream.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 2″ apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, use the back of a spoon to drop and spread about 1-2 teaspoons of icing on top of each cookie or drizzle the icing on top.
FOR THE ICING
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the powdered sugar. Add the lemon zest and juice and use a whisk or spoon to combine.
Keywords: Cookies, lemon, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream, soft cookies, icing, glaze, frosting, dessert, citrus