Meringue Ghosts are the perfect treat for Halloween! These sweet cookies are spooky, adorable and delicious. This easy recipe makes crispy, gooey, sweet meringues shaped like cute ghosts!
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- candy eyes
- mini chocolate chips
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 225 F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar and beat on medium until soft peaks form. With the mixer on medium, add the sugar a tablespoon at a time until all the sugar has been added. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue mixing until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Fit a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch round tip and spoon the meringue into the bag. Pipe the ghosts onto the baking sheet. Gently press candy eyes and/or mini chocolate chips to make the faces. Bake 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven for an additional 1-2 hours until they are dry and no longer sticky.
Keywords: meringue, ghosts, cookies, meringue ghosts, Halloween