This easy recipe for The Best Banana Bread is my all time favorite! It’s super moist, has that sweet banana flavor, and a delicate, tasty crust! Make it with or without chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or coat with baking spray and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with the water and sugar. Let stand 15 min.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift then measure the flour. Sift again with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on low speed for one minute. Add the banana-sugar mixture and beat on medium until well combined. With the mixer on medium, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Beat only until well blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour in greased bread tin and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the bread. Remove bread from oven and set the pan on a wire rack. Allow bread to cool completely in the pan. Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
To Add Chocolate Chips: Substitute 1/2 cup of sugar for 1/2 cup packed brown sugar. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips (mini or regular) to the batter after the dry and wet ingredients are combined. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the top of the loaf right before baking.
Keywords: banana bread, bananas, banana, bread, quick bread