This easy recipe for The Best Banana Bread is my all time favorite! It’s super moist, has that sweet banana flavor, and a delicate, tasty crust! Make it with or without chocolate chips.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 beaten eggs
- Mash the bananas with the water and sugar. Let stand 15 min.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, sift then measure the flour. Sift again with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter then add banana mixture and beat well. Add the dry ingredients and eggs. Beat only until well blended.
- Pour in greased bread tin and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes.
To Add Chocolate Chips: Substitute 1/2 cup of sugar for 1/2 cup packed brown sugar. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips (mini or regular) to the batter after the dry and wet ingredients are combined. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the top of the loaf right before baking.
Keywords: Moist banana bread