Enjoying all the seasonal fruit and the creamiest homemade ice cream with this No Churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream. It’s the easy, refreshing, perfectly sweet ice cream that you didn’t know you needed! It’s made with 8 simple ingredients: cream, sweetened condensed milk, mascarpone cheese, vanilla, mixed berries, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a little salt. Not only is there no ice cream maker required, it also only takes minutes to prepare. It’s a creamy, super delicious, not to be missed seasonal ice cream!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love baking with fruit! I have so many favorite fruit recipes but here are just a few! Strawberry fans check out my Roasted Strawberry Crumb Bars AND these Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream! Blueberry fan? Me too! You’ll love my Lemon Blueberry Cake Donuts and this Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake!
FRUIT FLAVORED ICE CREAM
In addition to being delicious in baked desserts, fruit adds so much natural flavor, color, and sweetness to ice cream! Last summer I upped the natural sweetness flavor by roasting my strawberries for this No Churn Raspberry Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream recipe!
Here’s the deal with this No Churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream, mixed berry means you add all your favorite berries to flavor your ice cream. I used blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. (Unfortunately I didn’t have any blackberries or strawberries left for this ice cream’s photo shoot, but trust me, they’re in there!)
HOW TO MAKE NO CHURN ICE CREAM
No churn means there’s no ice cream maker needed for this recipe! It’s just fresh whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk and mascarpone mixed together and some delicious ingredients folded in for flavor. It’s less than 20 minutes of easy prep work then you just stick it in the freezer!
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- mascarpone cheese, softened
- fresh fruit (I used a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) Use a mix or all of 2 1/2 cups of any fruit.
- lemon zest and juice
- a pinch of salt
STEPS AND TIPS FOR MAKING THIS NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- Puree your fruit: A food processor or blender works best for this. You can strain it to remove the berries, but we didn’t even notice the berries in the ice cream. To strain or not is up to you! If you’re using strawberries, go ahead and hull them (remove the tops and middle white parts since they don’t add color or flavor). Add in the lemon juice and lemon zest and set this aside.
- Whip the cream: Make sure your heavy cream is cold when you go to whip it. I even like to put my mixer bowl and beaters in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes prior to using it. It’s not necessary but it helps since cold cream whips better, especially on a hot day. Having a stand mixer makes this recipe easier, but I’ve made several no churn ice creams with just a hand mixer and it’s still pretty easy. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in more ingredients and beat til stiff peaks. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk followed by the mascarpone, vanilla and salt. Beat a few seconds longer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the berry puree until combined. I like to combine the berry mixture completely because I love the flavor and color throughout. I haven’t tried it as a swirl, but I think it would also be pretty and delicious!
- Pour, Wrap and Freeze! The last thing to do is to pour the mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper. I used a 9 x 9 inch square pan, but a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin also works! (My favorite 9 x 5 x 3 inch pan currently has my No Churn Raspberry Oreo Ice Cream in it)! Wrap the mixture with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for 4-6 hours.
PRETTY AND IRRESISTIBLE
Most food bloggers, myself included, find ice cream one of the hardest foods to photograph because it melts so quickly. Honestly this recipe was one of the hardest desserts for me to photograph because, in addition to trying to capture it before it melted, it was so hard to not eat! I wanted to help myself to a dish of it, or run off with a cone, or even just dig in by the spoonful!
On the plus side, this ice cream was one of the prettiest things I’ve ever shot! I loved that light purple color of the berries and the specks of berries and occasional yellow specks from lemon zest. So pretty!
This No Churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream really is the perfect summer treat! It’s fruity, rich and refreshing. I love the sweetened condensed milk along with the creamy mascarpone and all the fresh fruit flavor. Make it today and keep making it for the rest of the summer using everyone’s favorite fruit!Print
No Churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream is an easy homemade recipe made with lemon, raspberries, strawberries, raspberries and creamy mascarpone cheese. It’s super creamy, perfectly sweet, refreshing and and delicious!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups mixed berries (I used a combination of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and hulled strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender, puree the fruit. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the fruit mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed just until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk followed by the mascarpone, vanilla and salt. Beat a few seconds longer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the berry puree until combined.
- Pour mixture into a or a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin, or 9 x 9 inch square pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Keywords: ice cream, berries, fruit, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, mascarpone cheese, sweetened condensed milk, frozen, summer