Creamy, homemade No Churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream. This easy, refreshing ice cream is a fruity, super delicious, not to be missed ice cream!
Here’s the deal with this no churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream, it’s super fresh and fruity thanks to the berries. It’s also ultra creamy thanks to the rich mascarpone cheese!
WHAT IS MASCARPONE CHEESE?
Mascarpone cheese is a very creamy cheese made primarily out of cream. It’s similar to but richer than cream cheese. You’ll love its slightly sweet taste and ultra creamy texture.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES WITH MASCARPONE CHEESE
In addition to making decadent ice cream, mascarpone makes a delicious no bake filling in this Blueberry Mascarpone Tart! I also turned Mascarpone into whipped cream to fill this delicious Pomegranate Mascarpone Whipped Cream Cake Roll! The Mascarpone whipped cream was so delicious that I used it again in my flavorful Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake.
THIS MASCARPONE ICE CREAM IS:
- Beautiful: The pureed berries give it a light purple color of the berries and it has specs of berries and occasional yellow specs from lemon zest.
- Fresh tasting: As you can imagine, fruit flavored ice cream tastes extremely fresh!
- Easy to make: It only takes about twenty minutes of easy prep then the freezer does the rest.
- Elegant: One of my readers made this ice cream for her parents’ wedding anniversary. It is definitely elegant enough for a special occasion.
FRUIT FLAVORED ICE CREAM
Fruit adds so much natural flavor, color, and sweetness to ice cream! Last summer I upped the natural sweetness flavor by roasting my strawberries for this No Churn Raspberry Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream recipe!
MORE DELICIOUS FRUIT DESSERT RECIPES
I have so many favorite fruit recipes but here are just a few! Strawberry fans check out my these delicious Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream!
WHAT DOES NO CHURN ICE CREAM MEAN?
No churn means this ice cream is made without an ice cream maker! It’s whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk and mascarpone with some delicious ingredients folded in for flavor. It’s less than 20 minutes of easy prep work then you just stick it in the freezer!
WHAT’S IN THIS NO CHURN MASCARPONE ICE CREAM?
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mascarpone cheese, softened
- Fresh fruit (I used a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- Lemon zest
- Lemon Juice
- A pinch of salt
WHAT KIND OF FRUIT CAN I USE?
Mixed berry means you add all your favorite berries to flavor your ice cream. I used blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. Feel free to switch it up and add your favorites!
STEPS AND TIPS FOR MAKING THIS NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- Puree your fruit: A food processor or blender works best for this. Add in the lemon juice and lemon zest and set this aside.
- Whip the cream: Beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in more ingredients and beat til stiff peaks. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk followed by the mascarpone, vanilla and salt. Beat a few seconds longer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the berry puree until combined.
- Pour, Wrap and Freeze! The last thing to do is to pour the mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper. I used a 9 x 9 inch square pan, but a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin also works! (My favorite 9 x 5 x 3 inch pan currently has my No Churn Raspberry Oreo Ice Cream in it)! Wrap the mixture with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for 4-6 hours.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS FRUIT ICE CREAM
- If you’re using strawberries, go ahead and hull them (remove the tops and middle white parts since they don’t add color or flavor).
- You can strain the pureed fruit to remove the larger bits of berries, but it’s not necessary. I didn’t strain mine and we didn’t notice any bits of berries in the ice cream. To strain or not is up to you!
- Make sure your heavy cream is cold when you go to whip it. I even like to put my mixer bowl and beaters in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes prior to using it. It’s not necessary but it helps since cold cream whips better, especially on a hot day.
- I like to mix in the berry mixture completely because I love the flavor and color throughout. I haven’t tried it as a swirl, but I think it would also be pretty and delicious! When adding the berries, just mix a little but not until combined completely for a swirl!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS MASCARPONE ICE CREAM
Use a mix or all of 2 1/2 cups of any fruit.
Fruit adds so much flavor in ice cream! To add it, it’s a good idea to first blend it before mixing it in with the rest of the ingredients.
Mascarpone ice cream is rich, creamy, and slightly sweet!
This No Churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream really is the perfect summer treat! It’s fruity, rich and refreshing. Make it today and keep making it for the rest of the summer using everyone’s favorite fruit!Print
This easy recipe for no churn Mixed Berry Mascarpone Ice Cream makes super creamy, perfectly sweet, delicious ice cream!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups mixed berries (I used a combination of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and hulled strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender, puree the fruit. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the fruit mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed just until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk followed by the mascarpone, vanilla and salt. Beat a few seconds longer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the berry puree until combined.
- Pour mixture into a or a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin, or 9 x 9 inch square pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Keywords: ice cream, berries, fruit, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, mascarpone cheese, sweetened condensed milk, frozen, summer