The recipe for these Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies is easy to make and is the best recipe for classic, chewy, and delicious cookies!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Sift or whisk together the flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, butter, and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Drop the dough in rounded tablespoon sized balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Dip a for in some flour and gently shake off the excess. Use the tines of the fork to press down and slightly flatten each ball, creating a criss-cross pattern. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on baking sheets five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: peanut butter cookies