These rich, chewy Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with olive oil in place of butter, studded with chocolate chips and topped with flaky sea salt!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 plus 2 tablespoons cup brown sugar, light or dark, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour *
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips**
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugars and olive oil.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to lowly incorporate the dry ingredients until the dough comes together. Stir just until the dough comes together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper to prep for the fridge. Recipe makes 11-12 large cookies. Chill 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 350F and space the cookies at least two inches apart. For giant cookies, bake 13-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. If you’re making medium sized cookies, bake them for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*All purpose flour can be used in place of almond flour
**Chocolate chunks or chopped chocolate can also be used. Semi-sweet, bittersweet, dark or a combination of the three is recommended.
Keywords: cookies, olive oil, dairy free, chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate chips, salted