Fresh bright orange flavor combines with rich dark chocolate chunks in this recipe for these delicious, soft Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies!
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1–2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, dark or semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs one at a time while blending. Mix in the orange peel.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the orange juice and blend until combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on racks. Makes about 3 dozen.
Use 2 tbsp orange zest for a stronger orange taste.
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chunk, orange zest, chocolate cookies