These spooktacular Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with monster faces are as delicious as they are FUN! They’re moist, fudgy, and chocolate and also happen to be easy to make!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS*
- peanut butter cups
- Mini Reese’s Pieces (regular Reese’s Pieces or regular or Mini M&Ms can also be used)
- Line and lightly butter an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper leaving enough to hang from the sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir the mixture as it melts. Remove bowl from heat and whisk the sugar in. Add the eggs, whisking after each egg. Whisk in the cocoa and salt, then fold in the flour until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
Pour the brownie batter into the pan and use a spatula or offset spatula to evenly spread out the brownies and smooth out the top. Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean and with only a few crumbs. Keep in mind the brownies will continue to cook slightly when out of the oven, so do not over bake them. Place pan on a wire rack and allow brownies to cool. Five minutes after taking the brownies out of the oven, gently press the peanut butter cups on top of the brownies in any arrangement you like! Use Reese’s Pieces or M&Ms to create faces.
Other topping suggestions: sprinkles
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, double chocolate, cocoa, Reese's pieces, peanut butter, peanut butter cups, Halloween, kids, holidays