These Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies combine peanut butter and Nutella swirled into one delicious cookie! They are soft, chewy, and incredibly delicious. The cookies look fancy, but the recipe is super easy to make!
These Nutella peanut butter cookies are a fun and delicious twist on peanut butter cookies. If you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you’ll love these cookies! .
For another peanut butter and Nutella recipe, try my Nutella and peanut butter cake.
Why This Recipe Works
- You are in for a treat with these peanut butter cookies with Nutella! They are perfectly peanut buttery and chocolatey!
- This easy Nutella and peanut butter cookie recipe only takes a few minutes to mix up and doesn’t require any chilling of the dough.
- You only need less than10 ingredients. You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge already.
Below are some useful notes on some ingredients for these peanut butter and Nutella cookies.
- Unsalted Butter-The amount of salt in salted butter can vary among brands. I prefer to use unsalted butter and add my own salt.
- Peanut Butter-Use a peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy. I wouldn’t recommend baking with natural peanut butter. I use creamy peanut butter, but crunchy peanut butter works too!
- Nutella– Nutella is my favorite chocolate hazelnut spread. Feel free to use a different brand of chocolate hazelnut spread for these Nutella swirl cookies.
- Brown Sugar: Use light or dark brown sugar. Make sure your brown sugar is fresh.
See recipe card below for the ingredients and measurements.
Nuts- Add some chopped nuts for extra crunch and flavor. Hazelnuts and peanuts would be my first choices, but you can also opt for walnuts or almonds.
Below are directions for how to make peanut butter and Nutella cookies.
Step 1: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Step 2: Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat til combined.
Step 3: With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the dry ingredients just combined.
Step 4: Place half the dough in a large mixing bowl. Fold the peanut butter into one half of the dough. Fold the Nutella into the other bowl with the other half of the dough.
Step 5: Fold the two doughs together until just combined. Do not overfold.
Step 6: Use a small ice cream scooper or 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough balls of 2 tablespoons each. Place the balls about 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Nutella is a brand of chocolate and hazelnut spread. It is made out of sugar, palm oil, hazelnut and cocoa powder.
Store these peanut butter Nutella swirl cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Freeze leftover baked cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Below are some tips for making these easy Nutella peanut butter cookies.
- Use room temperature ingredients- Room temperature butter is softer and better incorporates air into the dough while being mixed. This will help give us thicker cookies. Room temperature eggs also incorporate better into the dough more easily.
- Measure flour correctly- Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Level the cup off with the back of a knife. Another excellent way to measure flour is to use a kitchen scale.
- Warm the Nutella: Heat the Nutella in the microwave for a brief 15 seconds then give it a stir. This will make the Nutella even smoother and easier to swirl into the cookie dough.
- Avoid Over Swirling: As with most marbled recipes, less swirling is more. The less you swirl, the bigger pockets of Nutella you’ll end up with!
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a medium sized bowl using a hand mixer, cream the room temperature butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat til combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the dry ingredients just combined. Do not overmix.
- Place half of the cookie dough in a large mixing bowl. Use a spatula to fold the Nutella into one half of the cookie dough. Fold the peanut butter to the other bowl of cookie dough. Fold the Nutella cookie dough into the peanut butter cookie dough until just combined. Do not overmix. Be sure to leave swirls of both the peanut butter and Nutella.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to scoop out balls of dough between 1 1/2 and 2 tablespoons each. Place the balls about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes until edges turn golden in color and are set. Cool on baking sheet for ten minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Please note that nutritional values are created by an online calculator and should only be used as an estimate.