Combining peanut butter and Nutella to bring you these peanut butter Nutella cookies! These cookies have soft middles, chewy edges and crunchy hazelnuts and peanuts. They are definitely a must make cookie!
Everyone knows that chocolate and peanut butter are delicious together, so peanut butter and Nutella are amazing together! These cookies also have the perfect soft and chewy texture.
For more peanut butter cookie recipes, try my Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies. These Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches with Peanut Butter Buttercream.
If you love Nutella, try my Nutella and peanut butter cake and my Nutella cupcakes!
Nutella gives these Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies a chocolatey twist! They’re made with a half a cup each of peanut butter and Nutella.
Below are some useful notes on some ingredients. See recipe card for full list of ingredients and measurements.
- Unsalted Butter-The amount of salt in salted butter can vary among brands. I prefer to use unsalted butter and add my own salt.
- Peanut Butter-Use creamy peanut butter. I wouldn’t recommend baking with natural peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter.
- Brown Sugar: Use light or dark.
- Hazelnuts and peanuts: Chopped hazelnuts and peanuts add both the flavor and texture.
Nuts- Nuts are optional. If you don’t have nuts or don’t wish to add them, just leave them out. The cookies will still be delicious without them!
These cookies are delicious with the dough completely mixed together AND with the Nutella partially swirled in.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy Nutella is by spreading it on a crepe with bananas!
HOW TO SWIRL THE NUTELLA IN
Here are some tips for getting the perfect Nutella swirls.
- Warm the Nutella: Just heat it in the microwave for about 15 seconds then give it a stir. This will make the Nutella even smoother and easier to swirl.
- Use a Big Mixing Bowl: Use your biggest bowl to add the swirls. If you have a small mixing bowl, you’ll quickly run out of room to drop the dollops of Nutella over the peanut butter dough.
- Avoid Over Swirling: As with most marbled recipes, less swirling is more. The less you swirl, the bigger pockets of Nutella you’ll end up with!
Below are some tips for making these easy Nutella peanut butter cookies!
Use room temperature ingredients- Room temperature butter is softer and better incorporates air into the dough while being mixed. This will help give us thicker cookies.
Room temperature eggs also incorporate better into the dough and rise more easily.
Measure flour correctly- Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Level the cup off with the back of a knife.
Chill the Dough– Chilling the dough allows the flavor to develop and prevents the cookies from spreading too much while baking.
STORING AND FREEZING
Store these peanut butter Nutella swirl cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Freeze leftover baked cookies in an airtight container up to 30 days. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
If you love peanut butter and Nutella, you are truly going to love these Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies. They are rich, chewy, peanut buttery, chocolatey and delicious. They’re super easy and are the perfect combination of peanut butter AND Nutella!Print
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 44 minutes
- Yield: About 24 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Peanut butter plus Nutella equals double the delicious flavor!! These easy Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are rich, nutty, chocolatey and super flavorful!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped,* optional
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped, ** optional
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a medium sized bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together. Add the sugars and beat on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat til combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the dry ingredients just combined. Stir in the nuts.
- Add the Nutella to a small bowl and microwave for 10 seconds. Give the Nutella a stir and drop spoonfuls of it over the dough. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the batter. Chill dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop out balls of dough between 1 1/2 and 2 tablespoons each. Place the balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Dip the tines of a fork in granulated sugar and gently and lightly press down to make a criss cross pattern on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes until edges turn golden in color. Cool on baking sheet for ten minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
*If using pre-chopped hazelnuts, spread them on a baking sheet and toast them for 8-10 minutes at 300 F. Once cooled, chop them on a cutting board or pulse them in a food processor to get fine pieces.
**Chop nuts on a cutting board or pulsed in a food processor
Keywords: nutella, chocolate, peanut butter, cookies, swirled, marbled, hazelnuts, peanuts, nuts
Leave a Reply