Peanut butter plus Nutella equals double the delicious flavor!! These easy Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are rich, nutty, chocolatey and super flavorful!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped,* optional
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped, ** optional
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a medium sized bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together. Add the sugars and beat on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat til combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the dry ingredients just combined. Stir in the nuts.
- Add the Nutella to a small bowl and microwave for 10 seconds. Give the Nutella a stir and drop spoonfuls of it over the dough. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the batter. Chill dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop out balls of dough between 1 1/2 and 2 tablespoons each. Place the balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Dip the tines of a fork in granulated sugar and gently and lightly press down to make a criss cross pattern on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes until edges turn golden in color. Cool on baking sheet for ten minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
*If using pre-chopped hazelnuts, spread them on a baking sheet and toast them for 8-10 minutes at 300 F. Once cooled, chop them on a cutting board or pulse them in a food processor to get fine pieces.
**Chop nuts on a cutting board or pulsed in a food processor
Keywords: nutella, chocolate, peanut butter, cookies, swirled, marbled, hazelnuts, peanuts, nuts