Make this Rose Water Quinoa Salad recipe for a healthy, easy vegetarian dish full fresh veggies, lemon, olive oil and a hint of rose water!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins (any type of raisin works)
- 2 1/2 tsp rose water
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa then place it in a saucepan with the water and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and cover. After five minutes, fluff quinoa and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the onion, red and green peppers, parsley, raisins and garlic. Add the dressing and mix well. To this, stir in 2 1/2 tsp rose water. Pour the quinoa into the vegetable mixture and mix very well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
The salad can be made in about 40 minutes, but I prefer to refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving, allowing the quinoa time to absorb all the flavors!
Keywords: Rose Water, Quinoa, Salad, healthy, raisins, vegetables