This easy recipe for sour cream chocolate chip cookies makes soft, chewy melt in your mouth treats! No chill and ready ready in about 30 minutes!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt Set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium speed until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the egg and blend well then add the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternatively add the dry ingredients with the sour cream.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 2″ apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
For flatter looking cookies, flatten cookies using the floured bottom of a glass before baking.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, cookies, sour cream cookies