These moist, buttery Strawberry Blondies are full of lemon flavor and bursting with sweet strawberries. Flavored with vanilla and cardamom and studded with chopped white chocolate!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate, chopped, divided*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with enough parchment paper to create an overhang of at least two inches on two sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the brown sugar until combined. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and the egg and whisk to combine. With a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries and white chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the reserved white chocolate over the blondies. Return to the oven for 1-3 minutes to melt the chocolate on top and until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs when inserted in the center of the blondies. Place the pan on a wire rack and allow blondies to cool completely in the pan.
- Reserve roughly 1 1/2 ounces of the white chocolate add to the top of the blondies for the last few minutes of baking.
Keywords: blondies, fruit, bars, cardamom, white chocolate, strawberries