Easy homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies! Fudgy strawberry brownies with a creamy cheesecake layer topped with dark chocolate!
FOR THE CHEESECAKE TOPPING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
FOR THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped, divided
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, blend the cream cheese, egg, and ⅓ cup sugar for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
FOR THE BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 inch square pan with two strips of parchment paper. Leave an overhang on all four sides.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until just melted (alternatively, you can melt it over the stove top) Add the chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate and stir until melted. Return to the microwave for a brief time and stir until just melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- To the melted butter/chocolate mixture, add the sugars and vanilla. Whisk for one minute. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk for an additional 2 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and mix until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan. Use a spatula or offset spatula to evenly spread the brownies. Top with half the strawberries. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
- While the brownies bake, prepare the cream cheese topping (see below for instructions).
- Remove brownies from oven and carefully spoon/pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownies. Use a spatula or offset spatula to smooth out the cream cheese filling, if needed. Top with remaining strawberries. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. Remove from oven and scatter the chocolate over the top. Return the brownies to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan at room temperature then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: brownies, cream cheese, strawberries, brownies, chocolate