These tahini chocolate chip cookies are classic yet luxurious at the same time. All the familiar deliciousness of a chocolate chip cookie with the added healthy, flavorful richness of tahini. You’ll quickly find that one bite and even one cookie will NOT be enough!
Tahini has elevated these chocolate chip cookies the same way it did when I added it to brownies! It adds its pretty, cool, beigy color, a rich, nutty flavor and a soft, tender texture!
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS
These tahini chocolate chip cookies aren’t just my favorite tahini cookies, they are now my all time favorite chocolate chip cookies! I made a few different versions of them and kept adding more tahini and more chocolate until I got them just right!
These cookies have three fourths of a cup of tahini which means they actually taste like tahini rather than just having a hint of it. Tahini has a nutty flavor but isn’t sweet. To sweeten the cookies, you’ll add granulated sugar plus a little brown sugar (for added chewiness and flavor).
They also have a full cup and a half of chocolate chips which ensures chocolate in every bite! I used semi sweet chocolate chips, but dark chocolate is also amazing here. If you want to mix it up, feel free to use chocolate chunks or chopped up chocolate bars in place of chocolate chips!
Before popping them in the oven, sprinkle them with some flaky sea salt! You can wait and add it after they bake, but it sticks better if added before baking.
They don’t taste super salty, you just get little flecks of salt which are nice in contrast with the sweetness. The salt also really makes them taste even more chocolatey!
MAKING THE COOKIES
Without repeating the whole recipe here, I’ll just say they’re super easy to make. You’ll first mix the tahini, butter and sugars then add the eggs, vanilla and dry ingredients. Use an electric mixer to do all of this until you add the chocolate chips. I recommend stirring those in with a spatula.
Scoop the cookies in 2″ balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I bake about six at a time.
These cookies are thick, soft and chewy thanks to the tahini and brown sugar. IF you want a flatter, crispier cookie, flatten the balls with the palm of your hand before baking them.
I tried the chewy and flat version. They taste the same, but I definitely preferred the chewier, non flattened version!
COMFORT FOOD COOKIES
I hope these tahini chocolate chip cookies bring lots of flavor, fun and comfort to you! They’re a treat to your senses flavor and looks wise and they’re fun and easy to make!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES, TRY MY:
- BROWN BUTTER TOFFEE COOKIES WITH CHOPPED CHOCOLATE
- SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- LEMON SOUR CREAM COOKIES
- BLOOD ORANGE COOKIES
This easy recipe for salted tahini chocolate chip cookies makes the most delicious, chewy, chocolatey cookies! The tahini adds nutrition and flavorful richness while the sprinkle of sea salt brings out all the chocolate flavor!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup tahini, well stirred
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi sweet or dark)
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, tahini, and sugars for about three minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula then add the eggs one at a time with the mixer on medium speed. Add the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 2″ apart. Sprinkle the tops with sea salt. For crispier cookies, flatten the unbaked cookies with your palm before baking. For chewier cookies, leave them as mounds/balls.
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: tahini, cookies, sesame, chocolate chips, chocolate chip cookies, dessert