These rich, chocolately Triple Chocolate Crinkle cookies are irresistible. The crisp, light crust gives way to a cakey, brownie-like center.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla followed by the melted chocolate. On low speed, mix in the flour until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Form the dough into a ball and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
3. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in powdered sugar, coating them completely. Place balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on cooling racks.