Make these blackberry cupcake for delicious, rustic treats! It’s an easy recipe featuring fresh blackberries baked into delicious white cupcake batter!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus a little extra for greasing the tins, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- About 15 ounces blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease cupcake tins with butter. Add the blackberries to the bottoms of the tins, dividing them evenly (about 3 per muffin tin). Set aside. Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture alternatively with the milk. Scrape down the sides as you go and beat until well mixed. Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to pour batter evenly over the blackberries in the tin. Fill cups completely with the batter.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out with dry crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin for about five minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Top with powdered sugar or whipped cream or enjoy as is!
Keywords: blackberries, fruit, cupcakes, white cake