Here they are! The puffiest, most perfect pumpkin cookies you’ll ever eat! Perfectly spiced, cakey, and chocolatey, these Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips are a must-eat cookie of the fall season!
The only drawback to these cookies is that you may have a hard time resisting them! Why are they so hard to resist? Could be due to their super soft texture, or maybe it’s the taste of the autumn flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spices. Their irresistibility could also be due to taste of the combination of pumpkin and chocolate! (By the way, for another must-try pumpkin recipe, click here!)
Another reason you’ll want to make these cookies is that you can make them easily and quickly! The batter just takes minutes to put together and they take around 11 minutes to get all puffy and perfect!
Making these cookies is simple and straightforward. For cookies that are a little over 2 inches, you’ll form balls of very rounded tablespoons and pat them down very lightly before baking. These smaller cookies were baked up perfectly in my oven at 11 minutes. They could take anywhere from 9-12 minutes.
For larger cookies, place three inches apart and make them each with about 1/4 cup of batter. I know, it’s a lot, but they make whopper sized treats! You’ll need to increase the cooking time for larger cookies. They should bake in 14-16 minutes.
Whichever size cookies you choose to bake, you might want to stick a few extra chocolate chips on the tops of your cookies right before baking. This will make sure that the chips are visible once baked.
If you go for the 1/4 cup sized cookies, have some fun and decorate your cookies into pumpkin faces! They definitely come out very “rustic” looking, but if you’re baking with kids, they’ll love designing their own cookies and seeing them come out of the oven.
If you choose to make the larger cookies with chocolate chip faces, you might want to leave out the pumpkin pie spice as it tends to make the cookies a little less bright orange.
Hope you enjoy these soft, chewy Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips as much as my taste testers and I! Make them and I’m sure these little fall treats will gain new fans!Print
Make these soft and delicious Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips! This recipe is super easy and makes the best cookies!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet and regular or mini-sized) plus extra for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. 2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. 3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree until just combined. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir in the dry ingredients. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir until combined. 4. Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons. Bake 9-11 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 3-5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: cookies, dessert, pumpkin, chocolate chips