These Strawberry Blondies are gooey, buttery and delicious. They are flavored with lemon and strawberries and topped with white chocolate. They’re so easy to make and are the perfect summer dessert recipe!
These strawberry lemon blondies have the moist gooey texture that everyone loves about blondies. They’re made extra fresh tasting with strawberries, lemon and white chocolate!
I love this fruity version of blondies. They are perfect for springtime and summer!
Why This Recipe Works
- Strawberries and lemon zest add so much freshness. They add pops of color, flavor and the most delicious natural sweetness!
- They are perfect for spring and summer.
- They are a one bowl, no mixer type easy recipe that comes together in minutes!
- White chocolate adds the perfect amount of sweetness!
Below are useful notes about some of the ingredients for these strawberry and white chocolate blondies.
- Baking powder: Baking powder gives these blondies their rise. Make sure to check the expiration date on your baking powder.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a warm spice that adds an extra hint flavor of these blondies. Since we are only using a small amount, you can omit it if you don’t have any.
- Unsalted butter: Butter makes these blondies extra rich and delicious. Take butter out of the refrigerator 2 hours before baking so that it’s at room temperature.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a deep, rich flavor and gives these blondies their chewy texture. I prefer light brown sugar. Make sure to use fresh brown sugar.
- 1 egg: Use 1 large room temperature egg.
- Lemon zest: Lemons are so good with strawberries. Use a microplane to zest the lemon part of the lemon peel.
- Strawberries: Use 1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries. For another delicious recipe with fresh strawberries, try my Strawberry Pound Cake.
- White chocolate: White chocolate is delicious with strawberries. I like to use a bar of Lindt white chocolate.
Please see recipe card for measurements for full list of ingredients and their measurements.
- Instead of light brown sugar, dark, or a combination of the two. Dark brown sugar will make these blondies sweeter and will give them more of a moist texture.
- Instead of chopped white chocolate, you stir white chocolate chips into the batter.
- The chocolate on top is optional, but definitely makes these blondies more decadent.
- If you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries. Thaw strawberries at room temperature before using them.
Below are instructions for this strawberry blondie recipe. Please see recipe card below for complete recipe.
- Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk in an egg and the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients followed by the strawberries and white chocolate.
- Spread the batter into an 8 by 8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 F. The last few minutes of baking, remove the blondies from the oven and top them with some of the white chocolate (if desired). Place them back into the oven for a few more minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. Slice and enjoy!
Hint: Use the parchment paper overhang to lift the blondies out of the pan.
Tip #1: Strawberries are the star of this dessert. Try to pick strawberries that are red all the way to the top. They tend to be most ripe and sweet.
Tip #2: Fluff flour and spoon it into your measuring cup. Avoid dredging your measuring cup in your flour. This will cause you to pack more flour than you need.
Tip #2: Use a small knife to hull the fresh strawberries. Insert the tip of the knife at an angle in the top of the strawberry. Rotate around til you are able to pull the stem out. Remove that white pith part too. It doesn’t have any flavor.
I like to use a bar of Lindt white chocolate. The chocolate on top is optional, but definitely makes these blondies more decadent.
Yes! The only difference is that chocolate chips don’t melt the same as chocolate bars. You can add some chocolate chips to the top of your blondies, but they won’t melt the same as chopped chocolate.
Brownies and blondies can both be soft and gooey. The main difference is brownies are made with chocolate and blondies are made with brown sugar and vanilla extract.
Store leftover strawberry white chocolate blondies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store the cooled and sliced strawberry lemon bars in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
More Strawberry Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe or any other recipe on my website? Please leave a 🌟 star rating and 📝 comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar light or dark, packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate chopped, divided*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with enough parchment paper to create an overhang of at least two inches on two sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the brown sugar until combined. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and the egg and whisk to combine. With a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries and white chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the reserved white chocolate over the blondies. Return to the oven for 1-3 minutes to melt the chocolate on top and until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs when inserted in the center of the blondies. Place the pan on a wire rack and allow blondies to cool completely in the pan.
- White chocolate: Reserve roughly 1 1/2 ounces of the white chocolate add to the top of the blondies for the last few minutes of baking. Use good quality chocolate such as Lindt. White chocolate chips can be used in place of chopped white chocolate.
- Strawberries: Frozen strawberries can be used in place of fresh. Allow frozen berries to thaw at room temperature before baking.
- Storage: Store leftover strawberry white chocolate blondies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store the cooled and sliced strawberry lemon bars in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. I recommend tightly double wrapping them with plastic freezer wrap or aluminum foil. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.