These Strawberry Blondies are gooey, buttery and delicious. They are packed with fresh lemon zest, strawberries and sweet white chocolate. No mixer needed and these easy treats are the perfect spring and summer dessert recipe!
These strawberry lemon blondies have the moist gooey texture that everyone loves about blondies. They’re made extra fresh tasting with strawberries, lemon and white chocolate!
I wanted to make a strawberry version of blondies. Strawberries become soft and deliciously sweet as they bake.
Why This Recipe Works
- Strawberries and lemon zest make these so gooey and delicious to bite into just like my strawberry white chocolate cookies.
- They are perfect for spring and summer.
- You don’t need a mixer and only need one bowl to make this recipe. It comes together in minutes!
- White chocolate adds the perfect amount of sweetness!
Below are useful notes about some of the ingredients for these strawberry and white chocolate blondies.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a warm spice that adds an extra hint flavor. Since we are only using a small amount, you can omit it if you don’t have any. If you love cardamom, try my orange cardamom olive oil cake.
- Butter: Use melted unsalted butter. Make sure to add the butter while it’s still warm.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a deep, rich flavor and gives these blondies their chewy texture. Use light or dark brown sugar.
- 1 egg: Use 1 large room temperature egg.
- Lemon zest: Lemon is so good with strawberries. Use a microplane to zest the lemon.
- Strawberries: Use chopped fresh strawberries. If you’re looking for another recipe with fresh strawberries, try my Strawberry Pound Cake.
- White chocolate: Use a bar of white chocolate or white chocolate chips. For another recipe with strawberries and chocolate, try my neapolitan cake recipe!
Please see recipe card for measurements for full list of ingredients and their measurements.
- Instead of brown sugar, use granulated sugar.
- Use chopped white chocolate in place of white chocolate chips. Check out my white chocolate and raspberry scones if you love white chocolate with fruit!
- If you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries. Thaw strawberries at room temperature before using them.
Step 1 (Photo 1 above) Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk in an egg and the vanilla extract.
Step 2 (Photo 2 above) Add the dry ingredients followed by the strawberries and white chocolate.
Step 3 (Photo 3 above) Spread the batter into an 8 by 8 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 24-29 minutes.
Step 4 (Photo 4 above) Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, slice and enjoy!
Tip #1: Pick strawberries that are red all the way to the top. They’re the most ripe and sweet.
Tip #2: To prep the strawberries, insert the tip of a small knife at an angle in the top of the strawberry. Rotate around til you can pull the stem out. Remove that white pith part too. It doesn’t have any flavor.
Tip #3: Fluff flour and spoon it into your measuring cup. Avoid dredging your measuring cup in your flour. This will cause you to pack more flour than you need.
Brownies and blondies can both be soft and gooey. The main difference is brownies are made with chocolate and blondies are made with brown sugar and vanilla extract.
Store leftover strawberry white chocolate blondies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store the cooled and sliced strawberry lemon bars in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
More Strawberry Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe or any other recipe on my website? Please leave a 🌟 star rating and 📝 comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, warm
- ⅔ cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest zest of about a 1/2 a medium lemon
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries chopped
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with enough parchment paper to create an overhang of at least two inches on two sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the brown sugar until combined. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and the egg and whisk to combine. With a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 24-29 minutes.Place the pan on a wire rack and allow blondies to cool completely in the pan.
- Strawberries: Frozen strawberries can be used in place of fresh. Allow frozen berries to thaw at room temperature before baking.
- Storage: Store leftover strawberry white chocolate blondies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store the cooled and sliced strawberry lemon bars in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. I recommend tightly double wrapping them with plastic freezer wrap or aluminum foil. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Please note that nutritional values are created by an online calculator and should only be used as an estimate.