You can’t not love a dessert that’s as easy as it is delicious! These one bowl Chai Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars are made with pantry staples and come together in minutes! With chewy oats, warm chai spices and plump raisins these will be your new favorite “I want something sweet” treat to bake up!
ABOUT THESE CHAI SPICED OATMEAL COOKIE BARS
These Chai Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars are chewy, buttery and full of oats. They’re just like oatmeal cookies only easier, thicker, and slightly more spiced.
Oatmeal raisin has to be one of the most classic cookie flavors! Right up there with chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies! I don’t have an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on my blog yet, but I love these Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction!
WARM CHAI SPICES
Cinnamon and raisins are the stars of oatmeal raisin cookies. With a teaspoon of cinnamon in these bars, cinnamon is still the star, but these bars become even more DELICIOUS with the addition of cardamom, allspice, ginger and nutmeg.
EASY TO MAKE
What makes these oatmeal cookie bars so easy? They are:
- MADE WITH ONE BOWL: This means they are easy to make AND easy to clean up.
- MADE WITHOUT A MIXER: Just whisk everything together.
- NO CHILL: They go straight from the bowl to the oven.
- NOT ROLLED: Unlike cookies that have to be scooped or rolled, these are just pressed into a pan and baked!
HOW TO MAKE CHAI SPICED OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE BARS
This is definitely one of the easiest recipes on my blog. One bowl, a whisk, about ten minutes is all you need.
Here are the easy directions:
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool slightly. Whisk to combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the butter, egg and vanilla then gently fold in the raisins and oats.
- Spread and press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 23-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
HOW TO CUT THESE COOKIE BARS
These bars are easiest to cut when they have cooled completely. That said, they are delicious served warm, so when you cut them is ultimately up to you! For big, dessert sized bars, cut them into nine squares. For smaller bars, I like to cut them into 12 squares.
These Chai Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars are packed with oats, plump raisins, and warming spices. They’re thick, chewy and delicious! They’re perfect with coffee and for breakfast or dessert.Print
These Chai Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars are packed with oats, plump raisins, and warming spices. They’re thick, chewy and delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking oats)
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper, leaving some excess paper on two sides to make the bars easier to remove from the pan once baked.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, spices, baking soda, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt. Whisk in the butter, egg and vanilla. Gently fold in the raisins and oats.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 23-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
Keywords: bars, cookies, oatmeal, raisins, cookie bars, chewy, dessert