Soft and chewy Tahini Oatmeal Cookies flavored with warm cinnamon, sweet vanilla, nutty tahini and lots of melty dark chocolate! They require little effort and everyone will love them!
SOFT CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES
These delicious Tahini Oatmeal Cookies have the sweet, warm taste you look for in an oatmeal cookie. They also have soft, gooey centers and slightly crispy edges. What sets them apart is the addition of creamy nutty tahini and chopped dark chocolate.
For more delicious oatmeal cookies, make these yummy Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips and these soft Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies!
THESE TAHINI COOKIES ARE:
- SOFT AND CHEWY: Like all oatmeal cookies.
- BUTTERY: I was going to use some type of oil, but stuck with butter for its flavor.
- MADE WITH PANTRY INGREDIENTS: You’ll likely have most of the ingredients you need.
- NO FUSS: It only takes around ten minutes to mix the dough!
- NO CHILL: They go right from the mixing bowl to the oven!
WHAT IS TAHINI?
Tahini is a delicious, nutty paste made from ground toasted sesame seeds. It’s creamy, versatile, and nutritious. You’ve almost definitely already tried tahini since it’s one of the main ingredients, along with chick peas, in hummus.
I love baking with tahini. It reminds me of baking with peanut butter, only it’s slightly more bitter and less sweet than peanut butter.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY TAHINI OATMEAL COOKIES
Below are some notes about some of the ingredients. See the recipe below for the full list of ingredients.
- Unsalted Butter: Take the butter out of the fridge 1-2 hours before making the cookies so that it’s room temperature.
- Tahini: Use good quality tahini. You can find tahini in Middle Eastern stores, but I also often see it in the international aisle of most grocery stores.
- 1 Egg: Use a large, room temperature egg.
- Oats: Use old fashioned oats.
- Flour: Use all purpose.
- Brown sugar: Use light or dark
- Dark Chocolate: Chopped
- Flaky Sea Salt: Flaky sea salt is optional but recommended. It brings out the chocolate flavor and balances out the sweetness of the cookies!
HOW TO MAKE TAHINI OATMEAL COOKIES
STEP ONE: Combine the dry ingredients.
STEP TWO: Cream the butter and sugars until combined.
STEP THREE: Add the vanilla extract, egg and tahini.
STEP FOUR: Mix in the dry ingredients followed by the chocolate.
STEP FIVE: Form the cookies. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough directly onto a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
STEP SIX: Bake the cookies. Bake at 375 F for 8-11 minutes. Top with flaky sea salt (if desired) and enjoy!
I love these cookies as is but there are lots of ways to add even more flavor!
- Flaky Sea Salt: Sprinkle a pinch right before they go in the oven or as soon as they come out! The salty sweet contrast is so good. The salt also helps bring out the chocolate flavor!
- Toasted Chopped Nuts: These are soft, chewy cookies. They’re yummy as is but who doesn’t love a little crunch?! Also, since tahini adds a bit of a nutty flavor, chopped nuts go nicely! I’d recommend toasting nuts on the stovetop or in the oven as it makes them even tastier. Almonds or hazelnuts are both delicious options!
These Tahini Oatmeal Cookies are everything you love about classic oatmeal cookies…..only better! Creamy, nutty tahini adds so much richness and nutty flavor and in combination with the brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon, these cookies are insanely delicious! These Tahini Oatmeal Cookies could quickly become your new favorite oatmeal cookie recipe!Print
Soft and chewy Tahini Oatmeal Cookies flavored with warm cinnamon and sweet vanilla extract. Made extra delicious with nutty tahini and lots of melty dark chocolate!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, whisk to combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a hand held or stand mixer, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the egg and beat until smooth. Mix in the tahini. Turn the mixer to low speed and mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough directly onto a baking sheet. Place them at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until edges are light brown and the tops are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt (if desired). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about five minutes then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: tahini, cookies, oatmeal cookies, dark chocolate, chocolate, sea salt,