Sweetening up the end of the week with Tahini Oatmeal Cookies. Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies flavored with warm cinnamon and sweet vanilla extract. Made extra delicious with nutty tahini and lots of melty dark chocolate! They require little effort and everyone will love them!
SOFT CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES
These delicious Tahini Oatmeal Cookies have the sweet, warm taste you look for in an oatmeal cookie. They also have soft, gooey centers and slightly crispy edges. What sets them apart is the addition of creamy nutty tahini and chopped dark chocolate.
THESE TAHINI COOKIES ARE:
- SOFT AND CHEWY: Like all oatmeal cookies.
- BUTTERY: I was going to use some type of oil, but stuck with butter for its flavor.
- MADE WITH PANTRY INGREDIENTS: You’ll likely have most of the ingredients you need.
- NO FUSS: It only takes around ten minutes to mix the dough!
- NO CHILL: They go right from the mixing bowl to the oven!
Believe me, these Tahini Oatmeal Cookies are cookies you’ll want to make again and again! I think you’ll also love my Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips! Also, have you ever tried peanut butter oatmeal cookies?! If not, definitely make my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies!
WHAT IS TAHINI?
Tahini is a delicious, nutty paste made from ground toasted sesame seeds. It’s creamy, versatile, and nutritious. You’ve almost definitely already tried tahini since it’s one of the main ingredients, along with chick peas, in hummus.
I love baking with tahini. It reminds me of baking with peanut butter, only it’s slightly more bitter and less sweet than peanut butter.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY TAHINI OATMEAL COOKIES
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- Old Fashioned Oats
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown sugar, light or dark
- Granulated Sugar
- Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Flaky Sea Salt
HOW TO MAKE TAHINI OATMEAL COOKIES
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk to combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla until combined. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Mix in the tahini. Turn the mixer to low speed and mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough directly onto a baking sheet. Place them at least 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 F for 8-11 minutes, until edges are light brown and the tops are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt (if desired).
WHAT CAN I ADD TO THESE COOKIES?
I love these cookies as is but there are lots of ways to add even more flavor!
- Flaky Sea Salt: Just a dusting either right before they go in the oven or as soon as they come out! You don’t have to, but I often add it to my chocolate chip cookies. The salty sweet contrast is so good plus the salt just helps bring out all the flavors!
- Toasted Chopped Nuts: These are soft, chewy cookies. They’re yummy as is but who doesn’t love a little crunch?! Also, since tahini adds a bit of a nutty flavor, chopped nuts go nicely! I’d recommend toasting nuts on the stovetop or in the oven as it makes them even tastier. Almonds or hazelnuts are both delicious options!
- Raisins: It’s human nature to anticipate soft pump raisins when you bite into an oatmeal cookie!
It does not get more comforting or nostalgic than oatmeal cookies! These Tahini Oatmeal Cookies are everything you love about classic oatmeal cookies…..only better! Creamy, nutty tahini adds so much richness and nutty flavor and in combination with the brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon, these cookies are insanely delicious! These Tahini Oatmeal Cookies could quickly become your new favorite oatmeal cookie recipe!Print
Soft and chewy Tahini Oatmeal Cookies flavored with warm cinnamon and sweet vanilla extract. Made extra delicious with nutty tahini and lots of melty dark chocolate!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, whisk to combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a hand held or stand mixer, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the egg and beat until smooth. Mix in the tahini. Turn the mixer to low speed and mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough directly onto a baking sheet. Place them at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until edges are light brown and the tops are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt (if desired). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about five minutes then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: tahini, cookies, oatmeal cookies, dark chocolate, chocolate, sea salt,