There’s just so much to love about these rich, nutty, chocolate almond toffee slice and bake cookies. The buttery shortbread is flavored with vanilla and almond extracts and packed with mini chocolate chips, crunchy chopped almonds and sweet toffee bits. Each cookie is drizzled with melted chocolate and sprinkled with more toffee and almond. It’s a delicious, easy cookie recipe with bakery style looks and flavor!
EASY SHORTBREAD RECIPE
My pantry and my shortbread cookies with mini chocolate chips were the inspiration for this recipe. I wanted to use this shortbread recipe because it’s simple and foolproof which is what most people (myself included) are looking for these days!
The dough for these easy slice and bake cookies is so versatile and easy that I also used this shortbread recipe as the base for my Lemon Pistachio Shortbread Cookies. If you’re a fan of lemon and white chocolate, definitely give them a try!
- BUTTER: Two sticks, unsalted.
- POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 EGG YOLK
- EXTRACTS/FLAVORING: Vanilla and almond extract
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Just flour and salt
- TOFFEE BITS
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS: I like the minis because they are closer in size to the bits of almond and toffee but you can definitely use regular chocolate chips instead of the minis.
HOW TO MAKE THESE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- MAKE THE DOUGH: Comes together in just minutes.
- FORM IT INTO A LOG: Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and easily form it into a 10″ log. Wrapping the dough in plastic wrap will help you shape it further. Seal it up and stick it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- SLICE: Place the log on a cutting board and use a serrated knife to slice the cookies into 1/4″ slices.
- BAKE: Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12-14 minutes.
DECORATING THE COOKIES
The last step is, decorating, is the most fun! Gather your melted chocolate, chopped almonds and toffee bits and get creative. Drizzle or dip the cookies in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the toppings.
Whatever way you top them, they will look adorable and will taste amazing! Even the cookies I thought I messed up with the drizzle on, turned out looking so good.
FOR MORE COOKIE RECIPES, CHECK OUT MY:Print
These easy Chocolate Almond Toffee Slice and Bake Cookies are buttery and delicious! Filled and topped with sweet toffee, nutty almonds and lots of chocolate, they make the perfect treat!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1–2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons toffee bits
FOR THE COOKIES
- Sift together the flour and salt and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until fluffy. Add the vanilla and almond extracts, followed by the egg yolk. On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter top and form the dough into a 10 inch log. Roll it in plastic wrap and chill the dough for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, slice the cookie dough into rounds about 1/4″ in size. Place them on the prepared baking sheets about 1 ” apart and bake 12-14 minutes until the edges just begin to turn golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer them to racks to cool completely.
FOR THE TOPPING
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time. Stir well after every 20 seconds. Pour chocolate into a zip lock bag. Snip off a corner and drizzle the cookies with chocolate. Top with chopped almonds and toffee bits.
Keywords: Toffee, toffee bits, chocolate, chocolate chips, shortbread, shortbread cookies, almond, almonds, nuts, cookies