This easy white chocolate blackberry coffee cake recipe has been my go to this holiday season! Delicious and gorgeous, you won’t believe how easy it is to make! Eggs and brown sugar make this blackberry white chocolate coffee cake moist while maple syrup and melted white chocolate add the perfect amount of sweetness. Go ahead and enjoy this treat for both dessert and breakfast!
My favorite part has to be the blackberries. I had some leftover from a cheese board I had made and decided to bake something with them! They bake into a gorgeous, festive crimson color. They are lovely, wintry looking and so pretty to see popping out of each piece.
If you have extra berries, feel free to add them to the batter! I stopped at 1 1/4 cups, but it’d be yummy with even more berries! Baked, fresh, or frozen, I love using berries in the kitchen! Actually, I like using any kind of fruit! My pear and peach upside down cake is a definite must-bake if you like baking with fruit.
You can’t see the chocolate, but you’ll love knowing there’s a whole cup of white chocolate baked inside. It gives the cake a rich, sweet taste and, along with the brown sugar, makes it super moist.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE BLACKBERRY CAKE
1. Butter and line the pan with parchment paper. Lining the pan is optional but recommended. I like to leave parchment hanging from two sides to make it easier to lift them out of the pan once cooled. If you want to cut and serve them directly from the pan, there’s no need to line the pan.
2. Whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder and salt so that the dry ingredients are combined and free of lumps.
3. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. It’s a good idea to set the power at 50% so that you don’t burn the chocolate. After 30 seconds, give them a stir and put them back in the microwave. Give them another stir and heat again (if necessary) until the chips are just melted and the chocolate is shiny and smooth. Set it aside to cool slightly.
4. Mix the eggs and sugar until they’re creamy. This takes about a minute. Next, add in the maple syrup. Just a teaspoon and a half adds a lovely, subtle flavor. Finally, mix in the white chocolate.
5. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix in the rest of the ingredients. Alternatively add the dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Finally, gently fold in the blackberries. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake! Rotate it halfway through so that it cooks evenly.
COOLING AND CUTTING
Once baked, let the cake cool completely in the pan. I was running late the first time I made them, so I cut them before they cooled. This caused the tops to crinkle a little, so if you have time, definitely let them cool before cutting. They can be cut into 9 squares or up to 16 squares, depending on the size. For 16 even squares, start by cutting the cake in half and then cutting the two sides in half. Turn the pan sideways and repeat.
HOW TO SERVE IT
If you want handholdable, smaller pieces, cut the cake into smaller squares. This is great if you are serving multiple desserts or a dessert buffet. I also love my coconut butterscotch bars for this type of easy-to-eat dessert.
This cake is also super delicious served with ice cream on top. In this case, it’s nice to serve them in larger squares. If you have blackberries leftover, they make a tasty, beautiful garnish!
Hope you love eating and sharing this insanely good white chocolate blackberry coffee cake as much as I do! Make one for dessert and have leftovers with coffee the next morning!Print
This easy recipe for white chocolate blackberry coffee cake makes the most delicious dessert! Enjoy them for breakfast, a snack or dessert, everyone loves these treats!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter then line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave on 50% power at 30 second intervals. Stir well in between intervals and heat until chips are melted and smooth. Set aside to let cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium for about 1 minute, until the mixture is creamy. Add the maple syrup followed by the melted chocolate. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, alternatively add the dry ingredients and the milk. Gently stir in the blackberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Bake until a toothpick, when inserted in the center of the bars, comes out dry (a few crumbs are ok). Allow to cool completely in the pan.
Keywords: white chocolate, blackberries, bars, squares, dessert, maple syrup