Caramel Stuffed Brownie Crinkle Cookies: featuring the crispy exterior of a cookie and the crackly tops and chewy middles of a brownie. A hefty pinch of flaky sea salt brings out all the chocolate flavor while the gooey caramel middles definitely take these into dessert territory. Bonus: they’re made with a super easy recipe!
ABOUT BROWNIE COOKIES
Who doesn’t love brownies?! Based on the the number of brownie recipes here on Parsley and Icing, my love for them is obvious! There are my creamy tahini brownies, avocado brownies , and most recently these insanely good banana brownies!
This is my second recipe for brownie cookies. If you love peanut butter, definitely make my Peanut Butter Stuffed Salted Brownie Cookies! The middles are made with a creamy, buttery peanut butter-powdered sugar mixture!
INGREDIENTS FOR BROWNIE COOKIES
- Butter: With salt added to the batter and sprinkled on top of the cookies, it’s best to use unsalted butter.
- Chopped chocolate: I both chopped dark chocolate and semisweet chocolate. Use all of one or some of both like I did.
- Chocolate chips: In addition to the melted chocolate, I like to add some semisweet chocolate chips to the dough. These add nice little chocolatey bites to the cookies once baked.
- Cocoa powder: You can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder and or Dutch processed.
- Baking powder: Use one teaspoon as a leavening agent.
- Flour: I am running low on flour these days, so luckily these only take one cup!
- Sugars: I used both granulated sugar and dark brown sugar. I like dark brown for the extra molasses flavor, but light brown can be used too. Alternatively, you can also simply use all granulated sugar.
- Eggs: Use two large room temperature eggs.
- Rolos or Caramel
- Sea salt: A sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top of each cookie helps balance out the sweetness of the cookies. Sprinkle it on either just before or right after baking.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE CRINKLE COOKIES
PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS
- Whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter and chocolate.
- Measure out the chocolate chips.
- Have your eggs at room temperature: Take the eggs out of the fridge an hour before using. Alternatively, you can put the eggs in a bowl of warm (not hot) water for 10-15 minutes before using them.
MIX THE INGREDIENTS
- Mix the eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a mixer on medium for 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Turn the mixer to low and pour in the butter and chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips (if using) til just combined.
FORM THE COOKIES
- Fill a large cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop half way with batter.
- Stick a Rolo or caramel in the middle. Fill the rest of the scoop with the brownie cookie batter.
- Drop the cookies on your baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. (Add the sea salt just before or immediately after baking).
BAKE THE COOKIES
- Bake 10-12 minutes: You want to see that the edges are set and the tops are crinkly.
- Cool cookies for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet: The cookies will set as they cool. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These Caramel Stuffed Brownie Crinkle Cookies are definitely the solution to all your chocolate cravings! In addition to all their intense chocolate flavor, the gooey caramel, and perfect touch of salt, you’ll love how perfectly fudgy and chewy these are. Bonus: they’re super easy and quick to make! Enjoy!Print
Caramel Stuffed Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: About 17 cookies
- Category: Desserts, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Fudgy, chewy, chocolatey brownies in cookie form: these easy, Caramel Stuffed Brownie Crinkle Cookies have a crackly brownie like crust and are full of chocolate and gooey caramel!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- 17 Rolos or caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan and heat it over medium low until it’s melted. Remove pan from the heat. Add the dark and semisweet chopped chocolate and stir until it’s melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk to combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or with a handheld mixer on medium high speed, mix the eggs, sugars and vanilla for 5 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- With the mixer on low speed, pour in the melted chocolate-butter mixture and mix until combined and smooth. Remove bowl from mixer stand and use a spatula gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Fill an ice cream scoop half way with batter. Place one Rolo or caramel in the scoop and fill the rest of the scoop with cookie dough. Drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Place them 3″ apart.
- Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt and bake 10-12 minutes until the center is just set. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before then transferring them to a rack to cool.
Keywords: brownies, brownie cookies, chocolate, chocolate chips, dark chocolate, caramel, rolos, stuffed cookies, crinkle
Barbara Briggs Ward
Crispy-Crackly-Chewy-all 3 words make me hungry for these yummy looking cookies!
Thanks! They are as delicious as they sound and look!
These are by far my favorite go to double chocolate cookies to bake. They are gooey and delicious. Bake them alone or with the kiddos. Either way you will be happy you did!
Hey Sam, so happy these are your go to double chocolate cookies! Thanks so much for making them! Natalie