Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread! It’s my favorite banana bread recipe filled and topped with sweet cinnamon sugar! It’s incredibly moist and oh so delicious!
Mash those over-ripe bananas and break out the cinnamon, it’s time to make Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread! This bread combines all the sweet deliciousness of banana bread with the coziness of warm cinnamon! Definitely a MUST BAKE!
The first recipe I learned how to bake was my great grandmother’s banana bread. It’s moist, buttery and full of banana sweetness. I used this recipe as the base for this cinnamon swirl version!
WHAT CAN I ADD TO MY BANANA BREAD?
Banana bread is pretty perfect as is. That said, add ins can make it even more delicious!
Since chocolate and bananas go so well together, one of my favorite add ins are chocolate chips! Sweet, melty chocolate chips and tender, perfectly spiced banana bread is a must try treat! I include directions on how to make chocolate chip banana bread in my great grandmother’s recipe linked in the paragraph above.
My other favorite banana bread add is, of course, cinnamon sugar! Cinnamon goes so well with bananas and this cinnamon swirl banana bread is incredibly delicious. Cinnamon sugar gets swirled into the batter and heavily sprinkled on top! This warmly spiced bread is tender, moist, and perfectly delicious!
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH BANANAS
In addition to baking banana bread, overripe bananas are the perfect ingredients to make my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! Also, did you know sweet, spotty bananas make awesome brownies?! It’s true! Check out my recipe for Banana Brownies. Since I love banana bread so much, I also came up with a recipe for these Banana Bread Blondies!
BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS
- Overripe Bananas: Overripe bananas are sweeter and softer than regular bananas and are key in banana bread. I always have overripe bananas in the freezer so I can make banana bread anytime.
- Flour: Regular all purpose flour.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Water: Just a tablespoon gets mixed into the mashed bananas and sugar.
- Butter: Room temperature unsalted butter gives it a soft texture and delicious butter flavor.
- Granulated Sugar: I like to make this recipe more or less as is so I use granulated sugar. That said, I think brown sugar would add amazing flavor!
- Eggs: Two large, room temperature eggs.
- Cinnamon: For the swirl and topping.
- Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar: For the swirl and topping.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BANANA BREAD FROM SCRATCH?
- Stir together the cinnamon sugar mixture by mixing the sugars and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas with the water and sugar. Let stand 15 min.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the butter then add banana mixture and beat well. Add the eggs one at a time then mix in the dry ingredients. Beat only until well blended.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared tin. Evenly sprinkle 2 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar over the batter. Spoon and spread the remainder of the batter over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-55 minutes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Cinnamon sugar is just ground cinnamon and sugar combined. For the sugar, I used mostly granulated with a little light brown sugar mixed in for added flavor.
Wrap the banana bread with aluminum foil or plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Store it at room temperature.
If banana bread is kept in an airtight container at room temperature, it will last for 3-4 days. To keep it longer, freeze it.
This banana bread can be frozen as a whole loaf or by the slice. You’ll want to first wrap it with a few layers of foil or plastic wrap. Next, place the bread in a large freezer bag. It will last at least three months in the freezer. Leave it out at room temperature to thaw.
This Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread is the kind of treat you’ll want for breakfast, a snack or dessert! It’s super moist, soft and fluffy. The cinnamon sugar mixture swirled inside and sprinkled on top is beautiful AND delicious. Best part: it’s a super easy to make!Print
This easy recipe for The Best Banana Bread is my all time favorite! It’s super moist, has that sweet banana flavor, and a delicate, tasty crust!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 beaten eggs
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon sugar mixture by mixing the sugars and cinnamon. Break up any brown sugar lumps. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas with the water and sugar. Let stand 15 min.
- In another medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter then add banana mixture and beat well. Add the eggs one at a time then mix in the dry ingredients. Beat only until well combined.
- Pour or spoon half of the batter into the prepared tin. Smooth it evenly with an offset spatula.. Evenly sprinkle 2 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar over the batter. Spoon and spread the remainder of the batter over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few crumbs.
- Set the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and place it on a rack to cool completely before slicing. Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
Keywords: banana bread, banana, bananas, cinnamon, cinnamon swirl, bread, cake, quick bread, loaf