Sweetening up the week with gooey, chocolatey Banana Brownies! The recipe is quick and easy and they are SO good! Made even better with sweet, over-ripe bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate chips!
BAKING WITH BANANAS
I’m a huge fan of baking with ripe bananas. They’re full of sweetness and flavor. Bananas also make/keep baked goods nice and moist.
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH RIPE BANANAS?
The most popular thing to bake with bananas has to be banana bread! My great grandmother’s banana bread recipe will always be my favorite. I’ve actually never made another banana bread recipe. My Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips are also super moist and so delicious!
ABOUT THESE DELICIOUS BROWNIES
These banana brownies are my newest favorite banana dessert to make. They combine two of my favorite flavors: chocolate and bananas.
THESE BROWNIES ARE:
- PANTRY FRIENDLY: There’s a good chance you have everything on hand. Just need to make sure you have ripe bananas. (I always have those since I always freeze my ripe bananas).
- EASY: It’s an easy recipe that only uses two bowls max and no mixer required.
- CHOCOLATEY: They are made with a cup and a half of chocolate chips!
- GOOEY: Brown sugar, bananas and chocolate make these so gooey!
- DELICIOUS: Vanilla, brown sugar, and bananas add so much flavor!
Bananas add to the sweetness and taste so good with the chocolate! They are so good and make for an interesting/different brownie!
OTHER DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BROWNIES
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the butter together.
- To the butter and chocolate, stir in the salt and vanilla followed by the eggs and mashed bananas.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined then add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper lined pan. Leave excess parchment on two sides of the pan.
- Top the brownies with a yellow banana that is sliced down the middle lengthwise. Place the sliced sides facing up and that’s it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I usually melt the chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave at 50% power. The important thing is to stir the mixture really well in between intervals in the microwave. The stirring will help melt the chocolate.
Excess parchment paper makes it easier to remove the brownies from the pan. You just lift up on the sides and it comes right out. The brownies are easier to slice this way.
The banana is so delicious when it gets baked on top of the brownies. It also looks really cool and lets people know the flavor of the brownies!
I love these banana brownies so much. I can’t wait to try bananas in other brownie recipes. I am sure these Peanut Butter Banana Brownies by Tasty are amazing! These Easy Banana Brownies from Allrecipes also look delicious!
If you love brownies AND bananas, these Banana Brownies are for you! They’re gooey, fudgy, easy to make and will satisfy any chocolate/banana craving! Bonus: you’ll earn points for the cool sliced banana on top of your brownies!Print
Everyone loves these gooey, chewy banana brownies! This easy, pantry friendly recipe is made with chocolate chips and ripe bananas. They are simply delicious!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 small to medium sized bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 yellow banana, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with enough parchment paper to create an overhang of at least two inches on two sides.
- Combine the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring really well in between intervals. Continue until the butter and chocolate have melted. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Pour the butter-chocolate mixture into a larger bowl. Stir in the sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time followed by the 2 mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour followed by the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Place the banana slices on top of the batter with the sliced sides up.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until a toothpick when inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: chocolate, brownies, banana, bananas, banana brownies, chocolate chips, dessert