Sweetening up the week with these banana brownies! Moist, chocolatey, gooey brownies studded with chocolate chips. Super simple, quick and easy to make and just SO good! Made even better with sweet, over-ripe bananas, brown sugar, and more chocolate! Their flavor and impressive appearance are the perfect crowd and sweet tooth pleasing desserts!
BAKING WITH BANANAS
I’m a huge fan of baking with bananas. I know they’re dark/black and not as pretty as regular bananas, but they’re full of sweetness and flavor. My husband finally gets this and has learned to never throw away my over-ripe bananas! Bananas also make/keep baked goods nice and moist.
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH RIPE BANANAS?
The most popular treat to make with bananas has to be banana bread! My great grandmother’s banana bread recipe will always be my favorite. I’ve actually never made another banana bread recipe. My Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips are also super moist and so delicious!
These banana brownies are my newest favorite banana dessert to make. They combine two of my favorite flavors: chocolate and bananas. Bananas add to the sweetness and taste so good with the chocolate! They are so good and make for an interesting/different brownie!
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BROWNIES
This is a really simple recipe made with ingredients that you’re likely to have on hand. You’ll use two bowls max and there’s no mixer required.
Start by melting a cup of the chocolate chips and the butter together. I usually use the microwave to do this and keep the microwave at 50% power. The important thing is to stir the mixture really well in between intervals in the microwave. The stirring will help melt the chocolate.
To the butter and chocolate, you’ll stir in the salt and vanilla followed by the eggs and mashed bananas. Add the flour and stir until just combined then add the chocolate chips. Easy.
Pour the mixture into your prepared pan. It’s a good idea to line the pan with parchment paper and to leave some excess on two sides of the pan. This will make it a lot easier to remove from the pan once cooked. You just lift up on the sides and it comes right out. It’s also easier to slice and serve this way.
Top the brownies with a yellow banana that is sliced down the middle lengthwise. Place the sliced sides facing up and that’s it. The banana is so delicious when it gets baked on top of the brownies. It also looks really cool and lets people know the flavor of the brownies!
If you love brownies or bananas and especially if you love brownies AND bananas, these banana brownies with chocolate chips are for you! Gooey, fudgy, easy to make and one of a kind, they’ll satisfy any chocolate/banana craving! Bonus! You will definitely earn aesthetic bonus points for the cool sliced banana on top of your brownies!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS, MAKE THESE:Print
These rich, fudgy banana brownies make the best homemade brownies! Super chocolatey with bits of baked bananas! Bonus: their simple list of ingredients makes them super easy to make!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 small to medium sized bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 yellow banana, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with enough parchment paper to create an overhang of at least two inches on two sides.
- Combine the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring really well in between intervals. Continue until the butter and chocolate have melted. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Pour the butter-chocolate mixture into a larger bowl. Stir in the sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time followed by the 2 mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour followed by the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Place the banana slices on top of the batter with the sliced sides up.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until a toothpick when inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: chocolate, brownies, banana, bananas, banana brownies, chocolate chips, dessert