It was Nutella that caught your attention, right? Wait til you try it with banana in these Nutella Cookie Cups! Homemade sugar cookies are the easy-to-make, soft, chewy cups that get filled with nutella and banana slices!
Here’s why you’ll want to make these dessert cups!
- Nutella and banana are heavenly together!
- They’re super easy to make!
- They’re fun and easy to eat (just pick one up)!
- They’re easy to transport and share!
For the cups, I wanted something simple but homemade. When I say simple, I mean no chilling, no ice cubes, no kneading, no rolling the dough out. I also wanted the cups to be sweet, chewy and soft. This led me to sugar cookie dough!
The sugar cookie dough is straightforward and easy. Once the dough is all mixed, you form it into 1 1/2 inch balls. I used a very rounded tablespoon for each ball and this gave me 24 cookie cups. If you want the cups to be a little bigger, use about 2 tablespoons of dough for each ball. You would then end up with about 18 cookie cups and you might need to bake them for a couple extra minutes.
Resist the urge to flatten the balls! Just leave them as is. They will spread out as they bake. Bake them at 350 for 12-14 minutes. They don’t take on much color on top, but the sides will brown nicely.
Remove the cookie cups from the oven and immediately make an indentation in the center of each cookie. I placed my rounded tablespoon on each cookie and pressed down. You could also a shot glass or anything that you think might work. Place a slice of banana in the bottom of each cup, fill each cup with Nutella and then top with a slice of banana! They’re done!
I love to enjoy them as soon as they’re out of the oven and the Nutella and banana has been added! The cookie cups are still warm and the banana and Nutella even gets melty and slightly warm! Definitely reminds me of Nutella banana crepes that I used to eat too often when I studied in Paris!
If you want to save them for a little later, just hold off on putting the top slice of banana on them since bananas will brown a little if left out too long. I love the simple top slice of banana though because I think it makes it pretty and adds a little banana flavor. It also serves as a hint to the banana slice tucked inside each cup.
For an impressive, easy to make, homemade dessert, make these Nutella Cookie Cups! They’re simple enough to whip up when you get a craving for cookies and special enough to put together when having people over!
Nutella Cookie Cups
- FOR THE COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- FOR THE FILLING
- 3/4 of a jar Nutella
- 1 banana sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter or spray two muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar well until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla followed by the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the sugar mixture alternatively with milk. Beat well after each addition. Roll the dough into balls the size of very rounded tablespoons (balls should be about 1 1/2 inches). Place balls in the muffin tin.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and use a shot glass or bottom of a rounded tablespoon to press the center of the cookie cups down. Place one thin slice of a banana on the bottom of each cookie cup. Fill each cup with about a tablespoon of Nutella and place a banana slice on top.
- Leave the desserts in the tray or cool on racks then enjoy!