These Mini Strawberry Pies are the perfectly portioned no bake dessert. This easy recipe is made with a homemade sweet salty pretzel crust, an easy cream cheese and whipped cream filling and fresh strawberries on top!
THESE MINI STRAWBERRY PIES ARE:
- EASY: Each layer requires only a few ingredients and a few minutes of hands on time to make. They’re also no-bake which is one less step.
- PANTRY FRIENDLY: They’re made with simple ingredients that most people have on hand.
- RICH: It adds a sweet, rich flavor. It’s the perfect ingredient for the creamy middle layer.
- FUN: Everyone will love these mini, individual treats.
- FRUITY: The chopped strawberries on top add bursts of color and fruity flavor!
PARTS OF THESE NO-BAKE MINI PIES
- PRETZEL CRUST: As if pretzels aren’t perfect as is, we crush them and mix them with sugar and melted butter. Perfection!
- CREAM CHEESE AND WHIPPED CREAM MIDDLES: These are fun versions of pies but the middle may also remind you of cheesecake! It’s whipped up by a combination of softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped cream. I flavored mine with a splash of rose water, but vanilla extract is also a delicious option!
- STRAWBERRIES: Strawberries add lots of color and sweetness to these desserts! Chop them and toss them on as is or toss them with a lemon zest or a bit of melted jam for added shine and sweetness!
WHAT TO FLAVOR THESE MINI PIES WITH?
The pretzel crust, cream cheese-whipped cream middle and strawberry topping are all so flavorful! To make these more delicious, we can flavor the cream layer. I like to flavor it with vanilla extract or rose water.
I use 1/4 teaspoon of rose water which gives the filling a lovely flavor. It’s definitely not a strong flavor. I tried 1/8 teaspoon but that was not enough. For a stronger rose water flavor, add a tiny bit more (start with 1/8 teaspoon more) and test it out. Rose water is very potent and it can be overpowering!
WHAT IS ROSE WATER?
Rose water is a common ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisine. It adds a lovely floral scent and a special enticing taste to food.
It’s made by distilling fresh rose petals with water. If you haven’t tasted or made anything with it yet, I highly recommend it!
HOW TO USE ROSE WATER?
Rose water is pretty potent, so however you use it, use it sparingly! Rose water is most often used in desserts although I have a delicious Rose Water Quinoa Salad recipe here on my blog that is totally delicious. These lovely Lemon Rose Water Cookies are one of my favorite cookie recipes on my blog!
WHERE CAN I FIND ROSE WATER?
You can find rose water in Middle Eastern stores. I’ve also been seeing it more in the international foods aisle of many grocery stores.
These Mini Strawberry Pies are such an easy, fun no bake dessert. From the fresh berries on top, to the creamy, indulgent middle, to the salty-sweet pretzel bottom, you’ll absolutely love digging into these!Print
These Mini Strawberry Pies are the perfectly portioned no bake dessert. This easy recipe is made with a homemade sweet salty pretzel crust, cream filling and fresh strawberries on top!
FOR THE PRETZEL CRUST
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water (use vanilla extract as a substitute)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 4–5 ounces strawberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam, softened in microwave for ten seconds
FOR THE PRETZEL CRUST
- Pulse together the pretzels, powdered sugar and melted butter in a food processor until the pretzels are fine crumbs. Divide the mixture between two mugs, glasses or jars.
FOR THE FILLING
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Add the rose water or vanilla and continue beating to stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the two mini pies. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at 2-3 hours to set.
- Stir the strawberries in the jam to coat. Top each pie with strawberries just before serving.
Keywords: pies, no bake, strawberry, strawberries, pretzels, cream cheese, rose water, vanilla, Easter, summer, spring,