Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies: fudgy, extra chocolatey strawberry brownies topped with a cream cheese layer and melted dark chocolate! If you’re looking for decadent brownies that are perfect for Valentine’s Day, these are it!
WHAT’S IN THESE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES?
Here’s more about each layer of these indulgent brownies:
- Strawberry Brownies: The base of this recipe are the strawberry brownies. They’re fudgy, chocolatey, flavored with vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavor.
- Cream Cheese: The next layer is a creamy layer of luscious cream cheese topped with more strawberries. So GOOD! Baking the cream cheese layer on top of brownies makes these like a dessert within a dessert! It adds so much extra creamy, luscious flavor that you wouldn’t expect in brownies! Since you’re here, I’m assuming you love cheesecake and brownies. In that case, definitely try these Red Velvet Oreo Brownies made with a delicious cream cheese layer!
- Chocolate on Top: Chocolate on top of brownies is always a good idea! The chocolate on top consists simply of chocolate that gets melted on top everything in with a thick layer of chocolate ganache!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
The cheesecake layer and melted chocolate add a couple extra steps, but this is still a pretty easy recipe! Here’s how to make them:
MAKE THE BROWNIE LAYER FIRST
Melt the butter and chocolate until just melted. This can be done in the microwave or on the stovetop. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the the granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla with the melted butter and chocolate. Add the and whisk for an additional 2 minutes.
Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Avoid overmixing.
Spread the brownie batter into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Top with half the strawberries and bake for 30 minutes.
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
Using an electric mixer or food processor, blend the cream cheese, egg, and ⅓ cup sugar for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
SPREAD THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER ON TOP
Remove brownies from oven and carefully spoon/pour then spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownies. Use a spatula or offset spatula to smooth it out.
Scatter the remaining strawberries. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
MELT THE DARK CHOCOLATE ON TOP
Remove from oven and scatter the chocolate over the top. Return the brownies to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
ABOUT THE DARK CHOCOLATE TOPPING
I had to make sure these brownies were clearly in the indulgent dessert category. More chocolate on top sounded like the perfect topping! I was going to use ganache to top these brownies, but went with melted chocolate.
Ganache is easy, but melted chocolate makes these even easier! I took the same easy approach for a topping by melting white chocolate on top of my Strawberry Blondies!
THIS CHOCOLATE TOPPING IS:
- Thick: It melts nicely and sets up thickly once the brownies have chilled.
- Chocolatey: It adds to the already chocolatey brownies!
- Easy: It’s just one ingredient and almost zero effort!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- Chocolate: That’s it! Chop it or just break it up with your hands.
OTHER TOPPING IDEAS FOR THESE BROWNIES
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE: The obvious and a delicious choice! Use my chocolate ganache recipe for a THICK layer of chocolate on top of the cheesecake!
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES: I have made these with half the strawberries baked into the cheesecake layer and with fresh strawberries added after the cheesecake layer has baked. Both ways are delicious! Add some strawberries just before serving. You can also serve these brownies with a dish of fresh strawberries. People can scoop some on top if they like!
- Strawberry Sauce: I haven’t tried this yet, but I think strawberry sauce would be AMAZING poured on top!
There is nothing not to love about these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies! Strawberry brownies layered with cream cheese, baked with more strawberries and chocolate on top! Drop some off for friends and family for a special occasion or just because. Everyone will love them!Print
Easy homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies! Fudgy strawberry brownies with a creamy cheesecake layer topped with dark chocolate!
FOR THE CHEESECAKE TOPPING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
FOR THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped, divided
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, blend the cream cheese, egg, and ⅓ cup sugar for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
FOR THE BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 inch square pan with two strips of parchment paper. Leave an overhang on all four sides.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until just melted (alternatively, you can melt it over the stove top) Add the chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate and stir until melted. Return to the microwave for a brief time and stir until just melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- To the melted butter/chocolate mixture, add the sugars and vanilla. Whisk for one minute. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk for an additional 2 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and mix until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan. Use a spatula or offset spatula to evenly spread the brownies. Top with half the strawberries. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
- While the brownies bake, prepare the cream cheese topping (see below for instructions).
- Remove brownies from oven and carefully spoon/pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownies. Use a spatula or offset spatula to smooth out the cream cheese filling, if needed. Top with remaining strawberries. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. Remove from oven and scatter the chocolate over the top. Return the brownies to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan at room temperature then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: brownies, cream cheese, strawberries, brownies, chocolate