This Oreo Tart recipe is super delicious and easy to make. It’s made with a chocolatey Oreo crust, a creamy no-bake Oreo cookie dough filling. Top it with homemade Oreo whipped cream for the perfect dessert!
This Oreo chocolate tart is the perfect treat for Oreo cookie fans! It has a buttery Oreo crust, sweet Oreo cookie dough and luscious Oreo whipped cream.
This tart combines two of my favorites: cookie dough and Oreos! The idea to combine the two tastes even better than I imagined it would.
For more cookie bar recipes, try my no bake chocolate mousse bars or my nutter butter bars, .
Why This Recipe Works
- Oreo tart crust: This crust is made with Oreos and melted butter. I love a simple 2 ingredient crust!
- Oreo cookie dough: The cookie dough is creamy, rich and delicious!
- Easy to make- This recipe uses pantry friendly ingredients and comes together in minutes!
- Oreo whipped cream: Homemade whipped cream makes the perfect fresh tasting topping for this rich dessert.
Here are some useful notes on the ingredients for this chocolate Oreo tart.
- Oreos- Use regular Oreos, a similar brand of creme filled chocolate cookie sandwiches. Similarly, you can use boxed Oreo baking crumbs. I don’t recommend using Double Stuff Oreos. Use a food processor to pulse into fine crumbs for the crust. Crush or chop the cookies for the cookie dough and whipped cream.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter. We need melted butter for the crust and room temperature butter for the cookie dough.
- Flour: I use all-purpose flour. The flour is heat treated to kill off any existing bacteria. This step is option but recommended. You can heat treat flour in the oven or the microwave.
- Heavy cream- Use cold heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
Please see recipe card for a full list of ingredients and their measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- The crust can be made with graham crackers instead of Oreos.
- If you like salty-sweet flavors, try salted butter for the crust.
- Instead of homemade whipped cream, you can use Cool Whip.
- To save time, use a store-bought Oreo or graham cracker crust.
- For a different flavor and color, try different flavored Oreos for the crust and/or whipped cream.
Here are the directions on how to make and bake this Oreo chocolate tart.
Step 1: Make the crust- Mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together.
Next, pour the crust into the bottom of a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
Step 2: Bake the Oreo crust. Bake the crust at 350 F for 6 minutes.
Next, set the crust on a rack to cool.
Step 3: Heat treat the flour. Heat treating the flour is a precautionary step to kill off any existing bacteria. This is option but recommended.
To heat treat the flour in the oven: spread the flour on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 F oven for 5 minutes.
To heat treat flour in the microwave: Microwave the flour in a microwave safe bowl for 30-45 seconds. Continue cooking in 15 second intervals until flour reaches for 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 4: Make the Oreo cookie dough. Start by heat treating the flour.
Use a mixer and beat the butter, vanilla extract and milk on medium speed. Add the flour and salt. Beat on medium until mixture comes together. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies.
STEP 5: Spread cookie dough. Use an offset spatula to spread the cookie dough over the cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
STEP 6: Make the whipped cream. Beat the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract using an electric mixer on low speed for 20 seconds. Increase speed to medium high and beat for a minute or just until you reach stiff peaks.
Next, use a spatula to gently fold in the chopped Oreos.
Step 7: Top with whipped cream. Spoon the whipped cream over the tart. Enjoy!
Hint: Make the whipped cream just before serving.
Tip #1: Use a food processor to crush Oreos. You can also use store bought Oreo crumbs.
Tip #2: Use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. Heavy cream and heavy whipping cream have a similar fat content. They are easy to whip and they hold their shape longer than whipping cream.
Tip #3: Check out this article called Is Heavy Cream the Same as Whipping Cream from Cooking Light for more information.
Tip #4: Keep heavy cream cold. Cold heavy cream is easier to whip and makes the lightest whipped cream. If you have the space, chill the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes or the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Raw cookie dough that includes eggs is not safe to eat. Edible cookie dough is safe to eat. It includes eggs and heat treated flour.
Yes. After the crust has cooled, place it in an airtight container or cover it with aluminum foil and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Store this Oreo chocolate tart in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze the crust and cookie dough without the whipped cream in a freezer safe container for up to 1 month.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY
- 264 grams Oreo cookie crumbs about 25 regular Oreos
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Oreo Cookie Dough
- 7 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons whole milk
- 7 Oreo cookies chopped
Oreo Whipped Cream
- 6 ½ ounces heavy cream or heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 Oreo cookies chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a food processor, blend the Oreos into fine crumbs. Pour the Oreo crumbs into a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and combine with a fork.
- Pour the crumb mixture into a 9 inch removable bottom tart pan. Spread the crumbs out as evenly as possible. Next, use the bottom of a measuring cup or your hands to compact crust on the bottom and along the sides of the pan.
- Bake 6 minutes. Place on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
Oreo Cookie Dough
- Begin by heat treating the flour. To heat treat it in the oven, spread the flour on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 F oven for 5 minutes. Use a whisk to break up any clumps. Alternatively, you can heat treat the flour in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Continue cooking in 15 second intervals until flour reaches for 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow flour to cool completely before using.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and milk on medium speed.
- Add the heat treated flour and salt. Beat on medium until mixture comes together. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the cookie dough out into the cooled crust. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Oreo Whipped Cream*
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl using a hand held mixer, add the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on low for 20 seconds. Increase speed to medium high and beat for just about a minute or just until you reach stiff peaks.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in the chopped Oreos.*
- Spoon the whipped cream over the tart. Enjoy!
BEST tart I ever made! It was absolutely delicious 😋 and disappeared by the next day. Thank you for a great recipe
Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for making this Oreo tart! So happy it was a hit!! XO Natalie
Oooooh Yes-Oreos! Homemade Whipped Cream! This is a must make recipe. Happy Me!