Say hello to these gooey, chewy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies! They’re soft, peanutty and studded with the most delicious mini add ins: mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. These super easy GIANT cookies are not your average peanut butter cookie yet are made with simple pantry ingredients!
CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER AND MARSHMALLOWS
This is my first time combining chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows, but it seems I’m always baking with at least one of two of them!
FAVORITE CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
I have so many favorite chocolate-peanut butter recipes but a few grandmother’s recipe for Peanut Butter Balls, my Peanut Butter Stuffed Salted Brownie Cookies, my Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies and these delicious No Bake Peanut Butter Butterscotch Bars.
CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOWS
Chocolate and marshmallows also make a pretty perfect pair……I mean…s’mores, right?! My gooey, ultra chocolatey S’mores Brownies are just….amazing! My Chocolate Brownie Meringue Cake is also pretty unreal if you’re a chocolate lover! Oh and what’s hot chocolate without marshmallows?! These Hot Chocolate Cookies are hot chocolate in cookie form!
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
I have a couple of yummy peanut butter cookie recipes for you to definitely check out! These Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies are total classics, complete with the fork indentations. These Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches with Peanut Butter Buttercream are also totally to die for.
PEANUT BUTTER AND MARSHMALLOWS
Peanut butter and marshmallows is a less common yet must-try combination! They’re both sweet and creamy. They’re delicious as is, I decided to throw a little chocolate in these cookies since it goes so well with both peanut butter and marshmallows.
THESE PEANUT BUTTER MARSHMALLOW COOKIES ARE:
- GIANT: I use a 2 ounce ice cream scoop to measure and shape the the cookies. As you can imagine, an ice cream scoop makes each cookie monster sized!
- SOFT AND CHEWY: I used both brown sugar and granulated sugar. I love the flavor and moisture that brown sugar adds and granulated sugar adds a nice texture.
- FLAVORFUL: Peanut butter and vanilla make these peanutty and incredibly delicious. The chocolate chips and marshmallows add sweetness and flavor!
- EASY: Based on how cool looking and delicious these one of a kind cookies are, you’d think they’d be a bit harder to make. Truth is they couldn’t be easier! The fact that you probably have everything to make them makes making a batch of these even more convenient!
HOW TO MAKE THESE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Start by creaming the peanut butter, room temperature butter and the brown and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla followed by the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
SCOOPING THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER MARSHMALLOW COOKIE DOUGH
Scooping and shaping these cookies is simple and straightforward. I like to use my large ice cream scoop to measure and shape the cookie dough. No need to roll the dough into balls or press down on them. Just scoop, place them on the baking sheet and leave them in their original dome shape. This dome shape will help the cookies stay nice and thick once baked.
It’s a good idea to scoop the cookies before chilling. I forgot to do this once with my Birthday Cake Cookies and literally broke my ice cream scoop when I tried to scoop from the bowl of chilled cookie dough! Lesson learned. Rather than placing the bowl of cookie dough into the fridge, scoop the dough onto a small baking sheet and place it in the fridge.
A FEW MORE TIPS FOR MAKING THESE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Some of the marshmallows will bake inside the cookies and some might end up on top. Don’t be surprised if the marshmallows on top have peanut butter on them. If you want the cookies to bake with some golden/non peanut butter coated marshmallows on top, stick a few into the dough after you’ve scooped it and before you chill it.
Regular size chocolate chips can be used in place of the minis. I liked the mini chocolate chips because I like how they look with the mini marshmallows. I also think it’s cool that they’re giant cookies with cute little mini add ins!
I haven’t tried this, but you could also swap the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips and take the peanut butter flavor all the way! Definitely sounds yummy to me!
Their giant shape, thick, chewy texture and delicious flavor makes me want to call these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies bakery style cookies! The gooey marshmallows, sweet chocolate and, of course, all that peanut butter make them totally irresistible. I hope you treat yourself to a batch today!Print
Peanut butter lovers: you’ll love these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies! Made with brown sugar and loads of peanut butter and studded with BOTH mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips! They have a simple list of ingredients, are super easy to make and are irresistibly delicious!
FOR THE COOKIES
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a hand held or stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown and granulated sugar until combined and creamy. Beat in the egg followed by the vanilla and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low, gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips followed by the marshmallows until they are incorporated into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough into domes and place them on a small baking sheet to chill. Chill for an hour. Cookies are large and will spread as they bake, so bake 4-5 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 13-14 minutes, until edges are light golden brown.
- Leave cookies on the baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: peanut butter, cookies, giant, monster, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, soft cookies