Chewy, decadent Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. These thick cookies are made with brown sugar and peanut butter and are packed with mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups! Texture and taste wise, these cookies are the best!
Who doesn’t love a good cookie…especially when there’s peanut butter and chocolate involved! These are soft, chewy peanut butter cookies make extra delicious with mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups! Nothing not to love here!
If you’re looking for more peanut butter chocolate cookie recipes, try my decadent Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies and these Peanut Butter Stuffed Salted Brownie Cookies.
THESE REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CHIP COOKIES ARE:
- Peanut Buttery: These cookies have a delicious peanut butter flavor. The dough is made with peanut butter. Peanut butter chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups add even more peanut butter flavor!
- Chocolatey: They are filled with mini chocolate chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups. We all know that chocolate and peanut butter are the best combo ever!
- Soft and chewy: Brown sugar and peanut butter give these a soft, chewy texture. You will love biting into them.
- Easy to make: They’re so simple to mix together and bake up! Easy gourmet cookies made right in your kitchen!
Below are notes about some of the ingredients. Please see complete recipe below for full list of ingredients and their measurements.
- Unsalted butter: Take the butter out of the fridge to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours before making these cookies.
- Creamy peanut butter: Use commercial peanut butter such as Skippy. I don’t recommend using natural peanut butter.
- 1 egg: Use a large, room temperature egg.
- All purpose flour: Spoon flour into your measuring cup rather than dredging the measuring cup in the flour. This will help prevent using too much flour.
- Brown sugar: Light or dark brown can be used. I prefer the extra molasses flavor in dark brown sugar.
- Mini chocolate chips: Use regular or mini chocolate chips. I prefer mini semi sweet chocolate chips because they disperse better throughout the cookies!
- Peanut butter chips: These add even more peanut butter flavor!
- Reese’s peanut butter cups: These tie in both the chocolate and peanut butter flavors of the cookies. Use regular or mini peanut butter cups. Slice them in halves or quarters or leave them as is. Reese’s Pieces can also be used as a yummy substitute!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- Whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fully combined and creamy. Beat in the egg followed by the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups until they are incorporated into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough into domes and place them on a small baking sheet to chill. Chill for 2 hours. Bake 4-5 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, until edges are light golden brown. Top cookies with extra add ins, if you like.
- Leave cookies on the baking sheet 10 minutes then transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE COOKIES
Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Spoon the flour into your measuring cup then level it off with a knife. Alternatively, weighing your flour will give you the accurate amount. Avoid dredging your measuring cup in your flour. This will pack in too much flour and will give you dry cookies.
Use a standard commercial peanut butter. I usually use Skippy. I wouldn’t recommend using natural peanut butter for these cookies.
Chill your cookie dough. I know no one loves to have to chill cookie dough, but it’s worth it. Chilling the dough intensifies the flavor and gives cookies a thick, chewy texture.
Form cookie dough balls BEFORE chilling. Chilled cookie dough is hard to scoop. I recommend scooping out the balls before chilling them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For best results, I recommend chilling these cookies for 2 hours.
Chill means to put cookie dough in the fridge.
Using an ice cream scoop is one of my favorite tricks for making bakery style cookies. The large, uniform size makes them look very gourmet!
These rich, chewy Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies have the most delicious chocolate and peanut butter flavor! They are soft, chewy and couldn’t be easier to make!
OTHER PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY
Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 13 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
These rich, chewy Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are made with brown sugar and peanut butter and are packed with mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups or Reese’s pieces, plus extra for topping
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a hand held or stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown and granulated sugar until combined and creamy. Beat in the egg followed by the vanilla and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low, gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir in the mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese’s peanut butter cups until they are incorporated into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough into domes and place them on a small baking sheet to chill. Chill for an hour. Bake 4-5 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 13-15 minutes, until edges are light golden brown. Once out of the oven, top cookies with extra chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and Reese’s peanut butter cups, if desired.
- Leave cookies on the baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: cookies, peanut butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, reese’s, reese’s pieces, reese’s peanut butter cups
Barbara Briggs Ward
Made these amazing cookies! My family loved them and so did I!
I’m so happy you and your family enjoyed these cookies! Thank you for making them and for taking the time to comment! XOXO Natalie
Amazing recipe! Made these for Easter and they were all gone before the end of the day. Will definitely make them again, Thank you for sharing it.
Hey Joan! So happy to hear these were a big hit! Thanks for making them and for taking the time to comment. Have an awesome weekend 🙂 Natalie
Amazing recipe! I made these cookies last weekend for a friends and family bbq… they came out just perfect and where simply delicious! Everyone loved them and they disappeared within minutes.
Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for making these cookies for your bbq! I love to hear that they were a big hit! Have a great week! -Natalie